Finance Specialist - Accounts Payable (1-year contract)
Singapore, Singapore, Singapore
- Job type
- Life insurance
- Flexible work practices
- Medical insurance
- Parental leave
- Sick pay
Join ABB and work in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy.
One of the reasons for ABB’s success is our rigorous and forward-thinking Finance function. With more than 3,600 people in over 100 countries, the integrated Finance organization delivers the insights we need to make successful, long-term business decisions.
You will be a vital member of the Accounts Payable (AP) team within the Global Business Services (GBS) - Finance, in Singapore. Reporting to the Accounting Center Manager, you will provide key support to the business, ensuring the accurate tracking and processing of all transactions. You will be responsible to perform relevant Accounts Payable and as a committed team member to meet the needs of ABB’s core business partners and stakeholders. The key is to achieve ABB’s commitments on Net Working Capital reductions and generate cash flow from earnings.
- Ensuring timely and accurate cash application and other Accounts Payable related tasks by the GBS team according to the Service Level Agreement.
- Complying with the Group and/or in-Country guidelines and procedures and external regulatory requirements.
- Ensuring accurate and timely reporting and supporting in financial closing activities.
- Analyzing specific AP accounts and taking appropriate actions as and when required.
- Liaising between the Business, GBS Hub and the vendor to identify and resolve issues.
- Applying ABB Group Accounting standards, compliance to ABB’s Accounting and Reporting Guidelines, and local GAAP and compliance with ABB Group Charter.
- Meeting commitments and delivering high quality services to all applicable stakeholders in line with agreed upon service level.
- Committing to professional ownership and driving customer focus and customer satisfaction to ensure business partners and suppliers are provided the service level agreed.
- Supporting and participating in safety, compliance, business ethics, group charter, communications and other related activities.
- Committing to a culture of learning and being proactive and contributing to team spirit and open communication.
- Living ABB’s core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues, and the business.
- A Bachelor's degree in accounting, business administration or equivalent.
- Minimum 2 – 3 years of experience in accounting, preferably in Accounts Payable.
- Good analytical skills, attention to detail and dedication and commitment.
- Ability to manage multiple responsibilities and a good team player.
More about us
Bring your very own sense of pride and purpose as you help us drive forward the Fourth Industrial Revolution – creating a sustainable future for our planet, and your career. Join ABB and harness the power of our diverse global network, as you collaborate with and learn from our world-class teams. Above all, challenge yourself every day. Let’s write the future, together.
Recruitment Agencies please be aware that this role is being managed by the internal ABB Talent team directly. We will reach out to our preferred agency partners should we require support. Your adherence to our process is appreciated.