Marketing Communications Specialist
Singapore, Singapore, Singapore
- Job type
- Life insurance
- Flexible work practices
- Medical insurance
- Parental leave
- Sick pay
Join ABB and work in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy.
The Communications and Public Affairs function is crucial to our success. They are responsible for creating clear and targeted messaging for employees, customers and stakeholders, while supporting strong brand positioning, facilitating positive media relations, and managing public affairs.
ABB Energy Industries drives growth for customers while supporting safe, efficient and profitable operations with strong global execution capacity, an extensive service footprint and capabilities, and innovative digital leadership.
You will play a key role in proposing and implementing marketing communications plans for the Energy Industries business line, in Singapore. Reporting to the Head of Marketing Communications, Hub
Asia, you will actively contribute to cross-Business Unit/Division marketing communications projects.
- Managing and delivering all external communications aimed at Energy sector, with a focus on the products, systems and services that ABB offers.
- Implementing marketing communications activities using a range of communications tools, in line with relevant guidelines and directives and within an approved budget.
- Proposing and implementing communication plans, validated by Head of Marketing Communications – Asia Hub
- Generating leads via advertising, sponsorship and other promotional activities and using the Internet as a hub for integrated marketing communications.
- Developing creative concepts for use on a range of platforms, in accordance with corporate communications branding guidelines.
- Organizing events and exhibitions to increase corporate image and to support business goals.
- Managing relationships with assigned trade media, customers and public associations.
- Coordinating the creation, production and publications of brochures, catalogues and other sales literature in either printed or electronic form to support sales activities and product launches.
- Maintaining a positive and integrated network in internal and external communication communities to increase knowledge of current practices and innovation.
- Living ABB’s core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues and the business.
- Bachelor’s Degree holder
- Minimum 8 years of experience in marketing communications function with proven experience and knowledge in minimally one of the industries within Energy Industries portfolio – oil & gas, power & water, chemical & refining or pharmaceuticals
- Hands-on experience with design software such as Adobe Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop etc. Photo and video-editing skill is good to have.
- Experience in copywriting, proofreading and editing, with strong attention to details.
- Critical thinker, creative and proactive learner
- Experience in Salesforce and Marketing Automation tools would be nice to have but not required
- A collaborative, solutions-oriented approach with fluency in English with additional language such as Mandarin will be a bonus.
More about us
Bring your very own sense of pride and purpose as you help us drive forward the Fourth Industrial Revolution – creating a sustainable future for our planet, and your career. Join ABB and harness the power of our diverse global network, as you collaborate with and learn from our world-class teams. Above all, challenge yourself every day. Let’s write the future, together.
Recruitment Agencies please be aware that this role is being managed by the internal ABB Talent team directly. We will reach out to our preferred agency partners should we require support. Your adherence to our process is appreciated.