LNG Process Engineer
Singapore, Singapore, Singapore
- Job type
- Life insurance
- Flexible work practices
- Medical insurance
- Parental leave
- Sick pay
Join ABB and work in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy.
Our R&D engineers and scientists develop breakthrough technologies that change the way the world works, and industries do business. We constantly push the limits of convention, while retaining our focus on delivering solid returns for our customers and shareholders.
ABB Marine & Ports is transforming the industry through electrical, digital and connected solutions. Our innovative technologies are redefining the future, bringing new levels of reliability, efficiency and sustainability to shipping while making our ports and terminals safer, greener and more productive.
You will contribute significantly to successful project results in technology and product development in industrial Automation Business in Singapore. Reporting to the Technology Manager, you will use unique technical knowledge to oversee development tasks by identifying, proposing and implementing innovative solutions in automation of LNG Carriers/bunkering vessels/FSRU.
- Being part of LNG automation development team to contribute to product/technology development in area of LNG carrier/bunkering vessel/FSRU automation.
- Ensuring technical support for customers.
- Overseeing estimations and bids and proposals ensuring alignment with ABB standards and targets.
- Supporting and coaching sales, engineering and service teams.
- Implementing various codes and safe practices as promulgated by organizations like International Maritime Organization (IMO), Society of International Gas Tankers and Terminal Operators (SIGTTO).
- Ensuring all requirements for the end to end safe operations of LNG carriers/bunkering vessels/FSRU.
- Being able to participate and contribute to class rules in all areas of marine.
- Living ABB’s core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues, and the business.
- A Bachelor’s degree in BE/B.Tech in Electrical/Mechanical/Marine engineering.
- Around 5 to 10 years of professional experience, including technical or business consulting.
- Knowledge of operating IAS, DACS systems for on-boarding operations e.g. Kongsberg, ABB, Yokogawa.
- Knowledge of handling requirements of gas management for Steam and DFDE.
- LNG Cargo containment system like IMO Type C, Moss, Membrane type.
- Familiarity with gas carriers like Ethylene, LPG, Ammonia carriers.
More about us
Bring your very own sense of pride and purpose as you help us drive forward the Fourth Industrial Revolution – creating a sustainable future for our planet, and your career. Join ABB and harness the power of our diverse global network, as you collaborate with and learn from our world-class teams. Above all, challenge yourself every day. Let’s write the future, together.
Recruitment Agencies please be aware that this role is being managed by the internal ABB Talent team directly. We will reach out to our preferred agency partners should we require support. Your adherence to our process is appreciated.