Senior Commissioning Engineer
Singapore, Singapore, Singapore
- Job type
- Life insurance
- Medical insurance
- Parental leave
- Sick pay
- Flexible work practices
Join ABB and work in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy.
The quality and innovation of the engineering in our products, systems and service offerings keeps our customers ahead. Developing solutions for our customers all over the world and working on our market-leading technologies will challenge and enrich your work and your mind.
The ABB's Process Industries team engineers and delivers automation solutions from device to monitoring and control, ensuring our customers get the most out of their investment. Our digitalization solutions help improve plant and enterprise productivity, while reducing maintenance and energy costs. Deep domain knowledge enables us to truly understand and address the challenges and opportunities of Industrial Automation.
You will be the commissioning lead for a range of medium-to-high-complexity Industrial Automation projects in Singapore to start with and later move to Malaysia. Reporting to the Senior Commissioning Engineer, you will lead the completion of all commissioning activities efficiently and cost-effectively, in accordance with contract specifications, quality standards and safety requirements.
- Leading and coordinating commissioning activities focused on finalizing customer acceptance certification.
- Creating work plans and cost estimates, managing implementation of the commissioning plan and collaborating with other Business functions to maximize effectiveness.
- Supporting the continuous improvement of project process/product/system design and overseeing the implementation of design changes in commissioning and the production of as-built project documentation.
- Identifying and proposing new effective engineering solutions to meet Business and customer needs and interacting with customers and external providers for approval of plant acceptance criteria, open issues closure and performance tests.
- Assisting in the creation and presentation of proposals for Engineering projects or programs (provision of bills of material, estimated Engineering hours, etc.).
- Supporting Contract Managers in issuing claims (new scope of work, cost impact, time impact, risk quantifications, etc.).
- Conducting risk and opportunity assessments during the commissioning phase, identifying and reporting potential risks related to contract/quality/program/cost and recommending resolutions.
- Managing external suppliers to ensure availability of commissioning equipment, systems and services.
- Developing entry-level engineers and technicians through the sharing of knowledge and experience and supporting the engineering team in reaching its potential.
- Living ABB’s core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for ourselves while caring for our colleagues and our business.
- A bachelor’s degree in Electrical, Mechatronic or similar with work right to legally work in Malaysia.
- Desired Technical Experience in AVR / Generator Excitation / LCI Commissioning, Protection Relay Configuration and Secondary Injection Testing, PLC or DCS control system configuration and commissioning and Electrification Design or Commissioning Experience (e.g. MCCs, Switchgear)
- Generator, Motor, Bearing or Gearbox experience is a bonus
- Advanced familiarity using Microsoft Office, Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- A collaborative, solutions-oriented approach and strong communication skills.
More about us
Bring your very own sense of pride and purpose as you help us drive forward the Fourth Industrial Revolution – creating a sustainable future for our planet, and your career. Join ABB and harness the power of our diverse global network, as you collaborate with and learn from our world-class teams. Above all, challenge yourself every day. Let’s write the future, together.
Recruitment Agencies please be aware that this role is being managed by the internal ABB Talent team directly. We will reach out to our preferred agency partners should we require support. Your adherence to our process is appreciated.