Robotics Service Engineer
Singapore, Singapore, Singapore
- Job type
- Life insurance
- Medical insurance
- Flexible work practices
- Parental leave
- Sick pay
Join ABB and work in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy.
Working with customers to ensure our products and systems provide maximum performance, our Service teams solve a wide variety of key industrial challenges. We increase productivity and reliability, lengthen product life span and improve safety. Critically, we also reduce costs, energy consumption and emissions.
ABB Robotics is a leading supplier of industrial robots and robot software, equipment and complete application solutions. We are a trusted partner who continues to redefine robotics automation, with a focus on collaborative solutions, which allow humans to work safely alongside robots without the need for barriers.
You will execute service work with Robotics and Discrete Automation Business in Singapore. Reporting to the Supervisor, you will act as the technical point person between customers and extended ABB teams.
- Providing on-site or remote technical support for installation and commissioning of equipment and routine maintenance independently, identifying technical problems and making analysis through remote or on-site activity in different service categories.
- Consulting with and advising customers on the best service solutions in accordance with standard processes, procedures and safety guidelines.
- Creating and maintaining strong relationships with customers, understanding their needs and providing specialist support and solutions.
- Coordinating and executing specialist projects through planning, meeting milestones and regular reviews.
- Identifying opportunities for the development of new service applications, equipment and methods.
- Performing robotics system Preventive or Corrective Maintenance.
- Performing Robot and PLC logic programming, testing and troubleshooting as well as robot studio simulation.
- Living ABB’s core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues and the business.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering.
- More than 2 years of experience in Automation Environment.
- Sound knowledge of and hands-on experience in servicing, maintaining, commissioning and repairing of Robotic products.
- Understanding of fundamental engineering principles.
- Experience in customer coordination will be preferred.
- Good command of English and strong communication skills
- Proven leadership skills, with a collaborative, solutions-oriented approach.
More about us
Bring your very own sense of pride and purpose as you help us drive forward the Fourth Industrial Revolution – creating a sustainable future for our planet, and your career. Join ABB and harness the power of our diverse global network, as you collaborate with and learn from our world-class teams. Above all, challenge yourself every day. Let’s write the future, together.
Recruitment Agencies please be aware that this role is being managed by the internal ABB Talent team directly. We will reach out to our preferred agency partners should we require support. Your adherence to our process is appreciated.