Singapore, Singapore, Singapore
- Job type
Take the next step in your career at ABB, working in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy.
The Project Execution team are at the heart of our organisation, meeting and exceeding customer expectations while helping to build a sustainable and profitable future.
ABB's Power Grids Transformers are a global leader in technology, and the largest supplier of transformers in the world. We are pioneering the digitalization of transformers, while working on the frontier of renewable energy and ultra-high voltage AC & DC applications.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Project Manager to join our transformers business line, reporting the Operations Manager in Singapore. Your responsibility is to drive the execution phase of medium-size to large and moderately complex projects and ensure all related activities are performed in accordance with ABB policy, contractual agreements, quality standards, health, safety & environment requirements.
- Leading the project team with clear guidelines, tasks and milestones, while motivating and providing feedback.
- Managing all aspects of the project to agreed-upon customer requirements and ensuring all technical, safety, quality and financial targets are met.
- Overseeing the development of project plan documents in relation to scope, budget, schedule, and risk management.
- Monitoring each stage of project implementation to ensure best practices in cost control, resource efficiency, risk management and health, safety and the environment.
- Identifying, analyzing and addressing project risks, with the regular sharing of lessons learned.
- Coordinating contract negotiation and claims with customers, in collaboration with the Supply Chain and Legal departments.
- Achieving project deliverables and compliance with contract requirements.
- Building strong relationships with customers and stakeholders.
- Living ABB’s core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues and the business.
- A degree in Engineering (electrical preferred).
- Minimum 5 years of experience in transformers/switchgear field, working as project manager/site manager.
- Demonstrated experience in management of project scope, cost, schedules and vendors/subcontractors.
- Sound knowledge of power transformers , testing experience in switchgear, transformer and cable in the utilities/datacenter market.
- SPPG’s “Blue”/ “Pink” pass holder will be an added advantage.
- A collaborative, solutions-oriented approach and strong communication skills.
More about us
Bring your very own sense of pride and purpose as you help us drive forward the Fourth Industrial Revolution – creating a sustainable future for our planet, and your career. Join ABB and harness the power of our diverse global network, as you collaborate with and learn from our world-class teams. Above all, challenge yourself every day. Let’s write the future, together.
“It is an exciting time to join ABB Power Grids. ABB and Hitachi have signed an agreement to create a joint venture (JV). By combining ABB Power Grids’ with Hitachi’s complementary strengths, we plan to form a new and stronger global leader in the power sector. ABB Power Grids and Hitachi will have more than 230 years of combined heritage and experience. Together, we will be well-positioned to shape the future of energy, with pioneering technologies, as the partner of choice for enabling a stronger, smarter and greener grid. The transaction is expected to be completed by the first half of 2020, subject to regulatory approvals. Join us on this exciting journey.”
Recruitment Agencies please be aware that this role is being managed by the internal ABB Talent team directly. We will reach out to our preferred agency partners should we require support. Your adherence to our process is appreciated.