Head of Legal Singapore
Singapore, Singapore, Singapore
- Job type
Take the next step in your career at ABB, working in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy.
At ABB, you work with a team of world-class professionals to tackle the challenges of complex business issues, where
you will find many opportunities to build on your experience and expand your horizons. This is a great opportunity to join a
global organization where you can lead your own career both locally and through our global network.
ABB Power Grids offers power and automation products, systems and service solutions across the generation, transmission and distribution value chain - enabling a stronger, smarter and greener power grid.
As a Head of Legal for Singapore, you will lead the function for an effective and efficient management of the Legal department. You will be responsible for providing legal advisory services and ensuring strategic and operational management of the Country Legal and Integrity function, including counseling management on all legal and integrity issues.
- Providing legal advice and counsel to management and overseas all disputes and litigation matters.
- Driving and ensuring consistency in legal services and advice provided by the local in-house lawyers in their country and acting as an Advisor to the Country Manager as well as Region / Country Group Functions / Businesses.
- Negotiating frame agreements and other contractual terms in collaboration with relevant business managers and monitoring legal affairs, including but not limited to litigations and activity reports.
- Anticipating and identifying legal issues of concern to management and proactively develops effective legal strategies and practical solutions.
- Ensuring good corporate governance in the area of accountability in the country and implementing the Code of Conduct and on-going integrity training plans.
- Identifying need for and implements new or updated Company directives / guidelines based on local legislation and directives and ensuring both local and Group legal directives and instructions are implemented in area of responsibility, monitors ongoing integrity.
- Monitoring Intellectual Property, taking advice and guidance as required from external lawyers and / or colleagues within the IP function.
- Living ABB’s core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues and the business.
- A Bachelor’s and/or Master’s degree in Law, ideally from a leading university, preferably candidates admitted in a Bar.
- More than 5 years of experience in related field, including international experience; regional experience would be advantageous.
- Country Privacy Lead, overseeing the company secretarial matters would be ideal.
- Sound knowledge of local law and languages and strong experience in both in-house and law firm, preferably also in compliance.
- A collaborative, solutions-oriented approach, with excellent English communication, leadership and interpersonal skills.
More about us
Bring your very own sense of pride and purpose as you help us drive forward the Fourth Industrial Revolution – creating a sustainable future for our planet, and your career. Join ABB and harness the power of our diverse global network, as you collaborate with and learn from our world-class teams. Above all, challenge yourself every day. Let’s write the future, together.
“It is an exciting time to join ABB Power Grids. ABB and Hitachi have signed an agreement to create a joint venture (JV). By combining ABB Power Grids’ with Hitachi’s complementary strengths, we plan to form a new and stronger global leader in the power sector. ABB Power Grids and Hitachi will have more than 230 years of combined heritage and experience. Together, we will be well-positioned to shape the future of energy, with pioneering technologies, as the partner of choice for enabling a stronger, smarter and greener grid. The transaction is expected to be completed by the first half of 2020, subject to regulatory approvals. Join us on this exciting journey.”
Recruitment Agencies please be aware that this role is being managed by the internal ABB Talent team directly. We will reach out to our preferred agency partners should we require support. Your adherence to our process is appreciated.