Pre Sales Consultant, APAC – Enterprise Software
Singapore, Singapore, Singapore
- Job type
Join ABB and work in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy.
The quality and innovation of the engineering in our products, systems and service offerings keeps our customers ahead. Developing solutions for our customers all over the world and working on our market-leading technologies will challenge and enrich your work and your mind.
ABB's Grid Automation team provide the most complete digital portfolio in the industry, offering our customers with end-to-end solutions. Combining our products with our exceptional expertise allows us to provide innovative solutions to energize the digital grid.
As a Solutions Consultant, you will have the dual role of driving pre-sales activities in support of our Asia-Pacific (APAC) sales growth and strategy, as well as the deliver advisory services to implement software solutions for ABB’s clients in Singapore/Tokyo. Reporting to the APAC Regional EPM Sales Manager, you will be responsible for executing a range of technical assignments according to agreed-upon timeline and standards, using established solutions.
- Adapting and implementing sales support strategy for designated areas in accordance with the global Energy Portfolio Management solution strategy. Ensuring technical and functional support of EPM products and solutions for internal and external customers.
- Creating, implementing, and monitoring sales support processes to drive sales revenue and next level strategy and ensuring adequate support of the proposal process ensuring alignment with ABB Enterprise Software standards and targets.
- Delivering and implementing ABB’s Energy Portfolio Management (EPM) at client site, or to deliver bespoke advisory projects to our clients.
- Producing the most compelling and concise proposal response by understanding client needs, and subsequently matching ABB’s portfolio of solutions most closely to these requirements.
- Ensuring thorough evaluation of sales opportunities in the sales lifecycle and proactively seeking out and independently run software product demonstration sessions, to convince prospective clients of the value proposition of ABB’s product suite and software.
- Supporting the Sales organizations during the technical meetings, product presentations and negotiations with customers and provides technical support and clarification as needed.
- Identifying and resolving problems, provide guidance and helping customers achieve their desired result. Understanding, troubleshooting, analyzing and resolving software and modelling calibration issues.
- Supporting bid/no bid analyses and decisions. Participating in project risk review processes.
- Living ABB’s core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues and the business.
- A bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Business/Economics and Information Systems.
- More than 5 years of energy or related industry experience in the Power & Utilities industry.
- Work with mathematical concepts behind an algorithm-based optimization engine (e.g. optimization, linear programming, mixed integer linear programming).
- Firm understanding of the concepts behind generation dispatch optimization, transmission constraints, fuel input prices, and load forecasting.
- Excellent time management, decision-making, presentation, relationship, and organizational skills.
- Combine technical understanding and industry/product knowledge in order to quickly identify issues and render solutions.
- Interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- Define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions and strategic Business Acumen and problem-solving skills.
- A high level of self-motivation, curiosity and desire to learn about new technologies.
- A collaborative, solutions-oriented approach and strong communication skills.
More about us
Bring your very own sense of pride and purpose as you help us drive forward the Fourth Industrial Revolution – creating a sustainable future for our planet, and your career. Join ABB and harness the power of our diverse global network, as you collaborate with and learn from our world-class teams. Above all, challenge yourself every day. Let’s write the future, together.
“It is an exciting time to join ABB Power Grids. ABB and Hitachi have signed an agreement to create a joint venture (JV). By combining ABB Power Grids’ with Hitachi’s complementary strengths, we plan to form a new and stronger global leader in the power sector. ABB Power Grids and Hitachi will have more than 230 years of combined heritage and experience. Together, we will be well-positioned to shape the future of energy, with pioneering technologies, as the partner of choice for enabling a stronger, smarter and greener grid. The transaction is expected to be completed by the first half of 2020, subject to regulatory approvals. Join us on this exciting journey.”
Recruitment Agencies please be aware that this role is being managed by the internal ABB Talent team directly. We will reach out to our preferred agency partners should we require support. Your adherence to our process is appreciated.