SEA Country Finance Director
Singapore, Singapore, Singapore
- Job type
Join ABB and work in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy.
One of the reasons for ABB’s success is our rigorous and forward-thinking Finance function. With more than 3,600 people in over 100 countries, the integrated Finance organization delivers the insights we need to make successful, long-term business decisions.
ABB Power Grids offers power and automation products, systems and service solutions across the generation, transmission and distribution value chain - enabling a stronger, smarter and greener power grid.
As a Country Finance Director, you will be responsible for establishing an effective and cost-efficient finance support platform to the business lines, including oversight of relevant Finance Group Functions and Global Business Services in South East Asia. Based in Singapore and reporting to the Country Managing Director, you will ensure that the activities of the local business lines are in line with local regulatory requirements and the overall strategy.
- Contributing to the development of the business strategy and provide input to the strategy of the Business Lines based on local regulatory standards and requirements.
- Driving implementation of processors to ensure compliance with global policies and requirements.
- Providing oversight to ensure local compliance with all applicable fiduciary requirements.
- Acting as the key external contact for ABB for all finance related matters.
- Ensuring an efficient organization of financial accounting and reporting processors in line with Group GAAP, local legal and tax requirements.
- Ensuring transparency in financial reporting and disclosures and oversee implementation of the internal controls.
- Supporting risk assessment of business decisions based on knowledge of local regulations, customers, markets.
- Responsible for implementation of key improvement programs across South-east Asia and for optimization of legal set-up, capital structure and assessment management in cooperation of Finance group function.
- Driving continuous improvement in cost efficiency and implementing group function cost reduction initiatives.
- Leading, motivating and developing subordinates and facilitate active engagement and networking of the finance personnel.
- Living ABB’s core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues, and the business.
- University degree in related field, MBA degree would be an asset.
- 10+ years experiences in financial and business controlling.
- Knowledge on financial accounting and reporting (SAP & ERP).
- Strategic awareness and an understanding of our products and technology, and our markets and customers will be well regarded.
- General business acumen: ability to understand the demands of a complex business quickly.
- Analytical ability to identify opportunities for new business or cost savings.
- Flexibility, able to travel and able to communicate easily in English.
- A collaborative, solutions-oriented approach and strong communication skills.
More about us
Bring your very own sense of pride and purpose as you help us drive forward the Fourth Industrial Revolution – creating a sustainable future for our planet, and your career. Join ABB and harness the power of our diverse global network, as you collaborate with and learn from our world-class teams. Above all, challenge yourself every day. Let’s write the future, together.
“It is an exciting time to join ABB Power Grids. ABB and Hitachi have signed an agreement to create a joint venture (JV). By combining ABB Power Grids’ with Hitachi’s complementary strengths, we plan to form a new and stronger global leader in the power sector. ABB Power Grids and Hitachi will have more than 230 years of combined heritage and experience. Together, we will be well-positioned to shape the future of energy, with pioneering technologies, as the partner of choice for enabling a stronger, smarter and greener grid. The transaction is expected to be completed by the first half of 2020, subject to regulatory approvals. Join us on this exciting journey.”
Recruitment Agencies please be aware that this role is being managed by the internal ABB Talent team directly. We will reach out to our preferred agency partners should we require support. Your adherence to our process is appreciated.