APAC Tendering Excellence Manager
Singapore, Singapore, Singapore
- Job type
Join ABB and work in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy.
For our Marketing, Sales and Product Management team, understanding the full potential of our technology and the trends in our markets is highly rewarding. In addition, helping customers all over the world improve efficiency, save resources and reduce emissions gives our work a powerful sense of purpose.
ABB's Grid Automation team provide the most complete digital portfolio in the industry, offering our customers with end-to-end solutions. Combining our products with our exceptional expertise allows us to provide innovative solutions to energize the digital grid.
You will lead the Grid Automation bid and proposal team to excellence across the APAC region, directly and indirectly with the operating units, streamline and improve the tendering activity across all the operating units in APAC in Singapore. Reporting to the Sales and Marketing Manager, you will leverage regional and back-office (TCC) capabilities across the Hub, aiming at increasing cost of tendering and efficiency while developing capabilities to improve quality of bids.
- Developing the operating unit / relevant bid and proposal teams in APAC in a consistent manner and in line with the portfolio growth plans.
- Managing the relevant units, the competencies development and driving simplification processes to improve efficiency and ensuring proper governance remains followed across the Hub including risk review process.
- Leading the tendering process for selected Must Win projects or new solutions requiring specific attention and coordinating the DtV (Design to Value) efforts towards improving competitiveness with OpEx team.
- Being the single focal point along the entire tendering process for this solution line from early indicative offer engagement until order booking.
- Developing competencies and plan for growth in a cost effective and efficient manner in line with the growth plans.
- Having full responsibility and direct management over the dedicated tendering resources covering GES in APAC including in the TCC back-office.
- Being accountable for ensuring the implementation of the bid and proposal processes across the operating units, either directly or indirectly.
- Living ABB’s core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues, and the business.
- An Engineering degree relevant to the T&D / Power industry with a strong track record and exposure to those industries.
- Ideally 10 years of experience in Grid Automation (Automation, Communication, Grid Edge) and a strong track record in bid & proposals for the relevant solutions.
- Leadership experience in managing the tendering resources across a wide region both functionally and directly with the operating units.
- Possessing strong technical skills in the Grid Automation portfolio.
- Ability and willingness to coach and develop both people and processes.
- Strong, well-developed communication, influencing, coaching and leadership skills.
More about us
Bring your very own sense of pride and purpose as you help us drive forward the Fourth Industrial Revolution – creating a sustainable future for our planet, and your career. Join ABB and harness the power of our diverse global network, as you collaborate with and learn from our world-class teams. Above all, challenge yourself every day. Let’s write the future, together.
“It is an exciting time to join ABB Power Grids. ABB and Hitachi have signed an agreement to create a joint venture (JV). By combining ABB Power Grids’ with Hitachi’s complementary strengths, we plan to form a new and stronger global leader in the power sector. ABB Power Grids and Hitachi will have more than 230 years of combined heritage and experience. Together, we will be well-positioned to shape the future of energy, with pioneering technologies, as the partner of choice for enabling a stronger, smarter and greener grid. The transaction is expected to be completed by the first half of 2020, subject to regulatory approvals. Join us on this exciting journey.”
Recruitment Agencies please be aware that this role is being managed by the internal ABB Talent team directly. We will reach out to our preferred agency partners should we require support. Your adherence to our process is appreciated.