Railway M&S Manager Asia Pacific
Singapore, Singapore, Singapore
- Job type
Take the next step in your career at ABB, working in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy.
For our Marketing, Sales and Product Management team, understanding the full potential of our technology and the trends in our markets is highly rewarding. In addition, helping customers all over the world improve efficiency, save resources and reduce emissions gives our work a powerful sense of purpose.
ABB Distribution Solutions are a global leader in power distribution solutions, delivering pioneering low and medium-voltage innovations and services. We care about your tomorrow, providing solutions for a smarter, safer, environmentally friendly and more reliable flow and distribution of electricity.
The Railway Regional Sales Manager will be part of the Global M&S organization of the railway segment. This position will work for Electrification; Distribution Solutions (location will be Thailand, Malaysia or Singapore to be determined by business). Leading the ABB ELDS sales activities in the Asia Pacific Region (excluding China and India) for the segment working in conjunction and close cooperation with the local sales organization of the countries to promote the ABB portfolio and solutions to customers.
The Regional Sales Manager will champion the sales growth initiatives and develop key relationships with railway stakeholders: EPCs, system integrators, consulting companies, railway and urban transportation operators in order to achieve ABB market penetration and growth aspirations. This position’s specific duties include marketing activities, capturing opportunities at the early stage, driving user specifications, achieving segment sales targets and ensuring customer satisfaction and you will report to Global Railway Segment Marketing & Sales Manager.
- You will Implement the global railway segment sales strategy to reach the annual budget in the region. Ensure regular follow-up with oversight countries. Drive the top line growth of railway segment in each country of your region.
- Being accountable for the achievement of the railway segment Sales target of the region, based on key objectives set by Global segment Leader.
- Ensuring that the railway segment is properly organized and focused in the local sales organization of the countries of your region. Take steps to share and leverage cooperation across the Global M&S railway segment and local sales in the countries.
- Continuously assessing market trends, customers, competitors, and countries to identify early stage opportunities with stakeholders, existing and potential new customers. Provide feedback to the Business Units/Product Groups on market trends, competitive landscape, market-pricing expectations and local conditions to win.
- Building and maintaining strong relationships with the key customers, stakeholders and other decision makers. Focus on ensuring and growing customer satisfaction.
- Ensuring achievement of segment sales targets by providing target price and verifying internal set-up. Participate in negotiation of key contracts.
- Living ABB’s core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues and the business.
- University Degree in Electrical Engineering required.
- At least 5 years of experience in sales and marketing of railway business.
- Experience in the region is essential
- Understanding and experience with railway application, products and services.
- Exceptional communication and negotiating skills and customer-focused mindset.
- Individual contributor role but ability to lead/influence/manage cross-country capture team.
- Team player with great people skills with exceptional analytical, communication and leadership skills.
- Efficient in managing priorities. Must be well organized, responsible and accountable.
More about us
Bring your very own sense of pride and purpose as you help us drive forward the Fourth Industrial Revolution – creating a sustainable future for our planet, and your career. Join ABB and harness the power of our diverse global network, as you collaborate with and learn from our world-class teams. Above all, challenge yourself every day. Let’s write the future, together.
Recruitment Agencies please be aware that this role is being managed by the internal ABB Talent team directly. We will reach out to our preferred agency partners should we require support. Your adherence to our process is appreciated.