- Job type
Join ABB and work in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy.
Manufacturing at ABB ranges from assembly of customized industrial robots to advanced production of electrical switches and breakers. The innovative products we make, drive the world’s largest ships, connect remote renewable power sources with consumers, and automate complex industrial processes.
ABB’s Electrification business is a leading provider of a full range of protection, control and measurement solutions - enabling safer and smarter electricity flow from substation to the point of consumption. We deliver products and systems designed to connect, protect and control electrical systems, ensuring reliability, efficiency and safety for equipment and personnel.
You will play a key role within the Electrification Business. Reporting to the Production manager you will drive production efficiency by creating and maintaining detailed production schedules.
- Generating detailed production schedules based on the production plan, to maximize the use of resources and meet established production specifications and schedules.
- Executing daily, plant-level materials requirement planning (MRP) to create and manage production requirements to meet the production delivery schedules and ensure on time delivery to all customers.
- Establishing the sequence and lead time of each operation to meet shipment dates per the master schedule/plan obtained from the Production Planners.
- Monitoring performance to schedule, identifying key root causes for deviation and implementing relevant improvement actions.
- Supporting Production Planners with clear communication of any production capacity issues, and details of material availability.
- Living ABB’s core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues, and the business.
- A Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering.
- More than 5 years of experience as Production Engineer.
- Demonstrated experience working on a production line, with supervisory experience beneficial. ·
- A collaborative, solutions-oriented approach, and strong communication skills.
More about us
Bring your very own sense of pride and purpose as you help us drive forward the Fourth Industrial Revolution – creating a sustainable future for our planet, and your career. Join ABB and harness the power of our diverse global network, as you collaborate with and learn from our world-class teams. Above all, challenge yourself every day. Let’s write the future, together.
Recruitment Agencies please be aware that this role is being managed by the internal ABB Talent team directly. We will reach out to our preferred agency partners should we require support. Your adherence to our process is appreciated.