Occupational Health & Safety Specialist
- Job type
- Life insurance
- Medical insurance
- Flexible work practices
- Financial assistance program
- Parental leave
Join ABB and work in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy.
ABB’s Sustainability team is a trusted business partner, setting strategic direction and delivering effective, efficient services that embed health, safety, environment, security and corporate responsibility in sustainable business practices. Sustainability team members help ABB capitalize on market opportunities, reducing risk for the benefit of our business, our customers, employees and stakeholders. We work together as one team around the world to strengthen governance and to support the business in improving performance and integrating sustainability deeper into our organization, creating a vital competitive edge.
ABB Energy Industries drives growth for customers while supporting safe, efficient and profitable operations with strong global execution capacity, an extensive service footprint and capabilities, and innovative digital leadership.
You will make a vital contribution to improving Occupational Health and Safety (OHS) performance by driving behavioral change, maintaining an exemplary safety culture in the Industrial Automation, based in Rayong, Thailand. Reporting to the Local Business Line Manager, you will support the business by applying your in-depth Occupational Health and Safety (OHS) knowledge to provide solutions and advice to address a variety of challenges.
- Reporting and investigating Occupational Health and Safety (OHS) incidents, gathering feedback, conducting root cause analysis and communicating lessons learned and best practices to the wider business.
- Ensuring the areas of responsibility is audited according to program for audit.
- Assisting line managers and supervisors in understanding obligations, liability and how to fulfil their roles, according to local HSE law and ABB Group policy, instructions and standards.
- Facilitating Health safety and environment (HSE) risks assessment by line management involving shop floor employees, i.e. those directly concerned by the hazards and ensures all processes are implemented.
- Driving behavioral change through implementing Group-wide performance and improvement programs, practices locally to ensure an exemplary health and safety culture as well as a strong focus on environment throughout the respective organization.
- Engaging external and internal stakeholders in order to report on, raise awareness and gain commitment on ABB’s HSE efforts and performance and obtain objective feedback.
- Ensuring that the area of responsibility is appropriately organized, staffed, skilled and directed, Guides, motivates and develops/indirect subordinates within HR policies.
- Living ABB’s core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues, and the business.
- An Engineering degree or diploma or equivalent.
- More than 5+ years industry experience as Health safety and environment (HSE) professional.
- Degree in HSE Management, Environmental Diploma IEMA or equivalent.
- Thailand HSE certifications.
- National Examination Board in Occupational Safety and Health (NEBOSH) Diploma or Local Health safety and environment (HSE) Diploma/Certificate or equivalent.
- Experienced in delivering Safety and Environmental training.
- Assertive with a pragmatic approach and supporting the business.
- Chartered Member of IOSH Preferred (or equivalent).
- Associate Member of IEMA Preferred (or equivalent).
- Working experience in an organization utilizing behavior-based safety approaches preferred.
- A collaborative, solutions-oriented approach and strong communication skills.
More about us
Bring your very own sense of pride and purpose as you help us drive forward the Fourth Industrial Revolution – creating a sustainable future for our planet, and your career. Join ABB and harness the power of our diverse global network, as you collaborate with and learn from our world-class teams. Above all, challenge yourself every day. Let’s write the future, together. Recruitment Agencies please be aware that this role is being managed by the internal ABB Talent team directly. We will reach out to our preferred agency partners should we require support. Your adherence to our process is appreciated.