Project Business Controller
- Job type
Join ABB and work in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy.
One of the reasons for ABB’s success is our rigorous and forward-thinking Finance function. With more than 3,600 people in over 100 countries, the integrated Finance organization delivers the insights we need to make successful, long-term business decisions.
ABB’s Electrification business is a leading provider of a full range of protection, control and measurement solutions - enabling safer and smarter electricity flow from substation to the point of consumption. We deliver products and systems designed to connect, protect and control electrical systems, ensuring reliability, efficiency and safety for equipment and personnel.
You will play a key role in financial controlling within the Electrification Business, in Samutprakarn. Reporting to the Manager, you will provide valuable support and guidance in all financial and commercial matters, while actively driving project performance.
- Providing input in negotiations on commercial issues as well as during the risk review process, in support of the Tender Manager.
- Providing input to the project execution plan on financial aspects and assisting with the preparation of project invoices and financial accounting and reporting (including project site accounting).
- Driving the optimization of project cash flow and revenues while maintaining the accuracy of the project balance sheet, income statement and monthly/quarterly forecast.
- Participating in opportunity and risk identification, monitoring all required mitigation actions to ensure timely implementation.
- Coordinating all financial aspects of the project, including estimate at completion and related cost-to-complete, forecasted revenues and cash flow and risk and opportunities assessments, as well as ensuring alignment with other functions including project controls and planning/scheduling.
- Providing support on claim management, back charges and insurance cases and monitoring proper follow-up, together with the Contract Manager/Project Manager upstream (toward customer), side stream (toward consortia partner) and downstream (toward suppliers).
- Supporting adherence to corporate governance, integrity, assurance, internal control, group charter and business-specific finance directives and instructions.
- Ensuring compliance with internal guidelines/procedures and external regulatory requirements.
- Living ABB’s core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues and the business.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or Business.
- More than 7 years of experience in an Accounting role, with Project experience beneficial.
- Experience with computerized accounting systems and financial reporting software.
- Outstanding attention to detail, accuracy and ability to multitask.
- A collaborative, solutions-oriented approach and strong written and verbal communication skills.
More about us
Bring your very own sense of pride and purpose as you help us drive forward the Fourth Industrial Revolution – creating a sustainable future for our planet, and your career. Join ABB and harness the power of our diverse global network, as you collaborate with and learn from our world-class teams. Above all, challenge yourself every day. Let’s write the future, together.
Recruitment Agencies please be aware that this role is being managed by the internal ABB Talent team directly. We will reach out to our preferred agency partners should we require support. Your adherence to our process is appreciated.