R&D Engineer – Distribution Solutions
Kocaeli, Kocaeli, Turkey
- Job type
Join ABB and work in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy.
We seek for 'R&D Engineer' who will be able to demonstrate knowledge in ABB, in Electrification Products, Distribution Solutions in Dilovası Gebze location, İstanbul.
- •Designs medium voltage switchgear parts and assemblies by using 3D software in line with the relevant standards, creates manufacturing data 2D drawings, BOM’s and assembly drawings.
- •Manages ordering and production of prototypes. Involves and coordinates tests in accredited laboratories (local or international).
- •Works on mechanical and electromechanical simulations to validate new designs and revisions.
- •Demonstrates solid technical proficiency in own competence area by performing a variety of technology/engineering assignments, mainly in research and development (R&D) projects, which demonstrates independent ability to recognize problems and provide input to solutions,
- •Actively follows the scientific discussions in own competence area and contributes independently in local and global organization,
- •Understands the key business drivers for ABB in order to make judgments and contribute to results,
- •Contributes to R&D projects with own, creative ideas. Proposes follow-up projects and activities within own technical area based on new ideas,
- •As a solid R&D project member and contributor, with experience as project or sub-project leader, ensures alignment with assigned targets (time, cost, quality) and coordinates activities. Demonstrates sound understanding of, and actively applies, R&D processes and tools,
- •Maintains awareness of state-of-art technology, as well as ABB products and technologies, and identifies and understands technical drivers for R&D projects in own area,
- •Understands what creates customer value in own R&D projects and project portfolio of own organization and works to improve operations and increase customer satisfaction according to incoming requests,
- •Provides consulting services to business operations and customers,
- •Participates constructively in working teams. Shares own technical/scientific knowledge in own projects and supports colleagues in applying processes and tools to ensure timely and high quality results,
- •Shows solid documentation skills and writes technical reports independently,
- •Participates in networks in own area, including relevant Engineering networks, in order to further knowledge in targeted area of expertise,
- •Has a basic understanding of the importance of IP for the ABB business, contributes to IP discussions and develops project clearance reports,
- •Identifies risks in R&D projects.
- •Bachelor degree in Mechanical Engineering,
- •Several years' work experience in the field of research and development, preferably with an emphasis on Medium Voltage Switchgears,
- •Knowledge and experience in 3D modelling, preferably on Solidworks
- •Knowledge and experience in 3D simulations, preferably on Solidworks
- •Knowledge and experience in preparing manufacturing drawings and technical documentation (bill of material, user manuals etc.)
- •Strong command of English (both written and spoken),
- •Completed military service for male applicants.
More about us