TechnicalLead -Wired Communication
Istanbul, Istanbul, Turkey
- Job type
ABB (ABBN: SIX Swiss Ex) is a pioneering technology leader in power grids, electrification products, industrial automation and robotics and motion, serving customers in utilities, industry and transport & infrastructure globally. Continuing a history of innovation spanning more than 130 years, ABB today is writing the future of industrial digitalization with two clear value propositions: bringing electricity from any power plant to any plug and automating industries from natural resources to finished products. As title partner in ABB Formula E, the fully electric international FIA motorsport class, ABB is pushing the boundaries of e-mobility to contribute to a sustainable future. ABB operates in more than 100 countries with about 147,000 employees. www.abb.com
ABB Grid Automation – Wired Communication is a leading provider of mission-critical and broadband telecommunication solutions. The mission-critical communication business base includes network operators of energy grids, railways, oil and gas pipelines, as well as public authorities.
As the Technical Lead– Wired Communication for Turkey, you will perform communication project implementation and support sales via presales activities.
Open-minded, customer oriented & innovative are key-factors for success in our working environment. You should be a team player who collaborates across organizational levels in an intercultural environment. If you like to combine technical expertise & customer focus, this is an opportunity for you! Welcome to ABB!
- Main Accountabilities and Duties:
- Perform successful implementation of ABB Solution committed to customer. In addition, perform presales activities to promote and convince the customer with our technical value proposition.
- Professional Services Activities
- Performs implementation of the ABB Solution set at client sites with provision of business and or technical activities as directed by the Project Manager and in accordance with project scope
- Follows work plans and cost estimates in one’s area of responsibility. Ensures quality and timely implementation within targeted cost and in accordance with contract specifications.
- •Gather, prioritize, analyze product and customer requirements. Prepares Implementation proposals
- •Functional design of the solution.
- •Conduct Feasibility study and prototyping as and when required
- •Prepares technical documents with respect to Technical Solutions
- •Review of product design specifications to ensure that the specifications are adhering to stated guidelines
- •Support Project Manager through the project life cycle with inputs for planning and risk management
- •Ensure timely delivery of projects in accordance with ABB quality standards and support sales with ability to work in team and independently.
- •Prepare and perform product/solution training for customer.
- •Evaluation and Resolution of Support cases
- Presales Support;
- Support sales in product demonstrations, customer discussions and marketing activities. Technical feature demand creation through the implementation of proactive promotional activities for the customer target group
- Customer relations (internal and external)
- Establishes and maintains effective long-term relationships with target group of customers to understand their current and future needs and to ensure the customer has a good understanding of the ABB Wired and Wireless (TBC) Communication product/systems/services offering, and unique selling point. Support Sales in ensuring a positive experience for the customer target group throughout the selling cycle.
- Partner with the ABB Sales Managers and Product Managers to ensure winning go-to-market solution. Provide competitive and market feedback to the sales and sales support organization.
- -Degree in Telecommunications Engineering or Computer Science (data communication networks) or related field.
- -At least 5 years of experience in related project implementation and sales support through technical value proposition of networks components and/or telecommunication products into utilities and industries (such as Transportation, Oil & Gas, and Authority)
- -Knowledge on MPLS-TP / SDH / PCM30 / PDH for the targeted market domains.
- -Experience with Data Communication Network design and of MPLS networks (multivendor)
- -Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP) certification (or equivalent)
- -Strong analytical and problem-solving skills paired with a highly business savvy and result-oriented mindset
- -Excellent relationship-building and communication skills paired with a highly proactive and result-oriented attitude
- -Fluency in English, willingness to travel