IT/NETWORKS SERVICE ENGINEER – ENERGY INDUSTRIES
Istanbul, Istanbul, Turkey
- Job type
Join ABB and work in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy.
We seek for “IT/NETWORKS SERVICE ENGINEER'' who will be able to demonstrate knowledge in ABB in Industrial Automation, Local Business Line Energy Industries in Ankara location with below qualifications;
- Perform Service tasks like installation and commissioning of equipment and routine maintenance independently, Identifies technical problems and makes analysis through remote or on-site activity in different Service categories (installation and commissioning, routine maintenance, extensions, replacement, etc.)
- Perform daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources, systems, and key processes, reviewing system and application logs, and verifying completion of scheduled jobs such as backups. Pinpoint any issues promptly and resolve
- Track Software Updates for the system in the scope
- Track Anti-Virus and Anti-Malware updates
- Perform regular security monitoring to identify any possible intrusions
- Perform regular file archival and purge as necessary
- Create, change, and delete user accounts per request
- Perform ongoing performance tuning, hardware upgrades, and resource optimization as required. Configure CPU, memory, and disk partitions as required.
- Perform ongoing performance monitoring, upgrades and any optimization on all project network equipment such as switches, routers, and firewalls
- Contributes to customer satisfaction by executing Service work according to customer order and expectation. Maintain a good relationship with customers. Identifies new sales opportunities and communicates them internally
- Coordinates, prepare and ensure that all materials, parts, and equipment are available and at the appropriate quality for Service activities
- Prepares all documents and reports to be signed by the customer representative. Reports work done in a timely manner and follow up when needed
- Applies safety rules and safe practices as well as environmental responsibilities. Reports unsafe practices and incidents
- Train customer personnel (maintenance engineers and production operators)
- Planning future improvements, suggesting IT solutions to business problems
- Being the focal point of the related IT subcontractors
- Engineering Degree in Control, Computer Science, Information Systems, Electrical and Electronics or similar
- Good command of written and spoken English
- Min 5 years experiences in IT, Network systems of engineering, start-up & commissioning, troubleshooting and upgrades activities
- Preferably have previous experience working on outage & maintenance projects in Oil & Gas sector
- In-depth knowledge of the three network types (LAN, WAN, and MAN)
- In-depth knowledge of the cybersecurity
- Any certification in Network and cybersecurity systems would be a plus.
- Being familiar with automation and telecom system such as SCADA, PMS, BMS, CCTV, and DTRS would be a plus
- Analytical mind with strong planning and self-learning skills, team work oriented
- Having a valid driving license & no obstacle for traveling
- Completed military service for male applicants
More about us
Bring your very own sense of pride and purpose as you help us drive forward the Fourth Industrial Revolution – creating a sustainable future for our planet, and your career. Join ABB and harness the power of our diverse global network, as you collaborate with and learn from our world-class teams. Above all, challenge yourself every day. Let’s write the future, together.
Add the jobs you want to consider to your shortlist and review later.
Please note that your shortlist is saved locally and will be available only on the same device.
Send the shortlisted jobs to your e-mail.
Your shortlist was successfully sent.
Something went wrong.
Please enter a valid e-mail address.