IS Application Manager- Power Grids
Sesto San Giovanni, Milan, Italy
- Job type
Join ABB and work in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy.
If you are looking for exciting professional challenges, Information Systems (IS) in our large global Corporate is the place.
ABB Power Grids portfolio includes some of the most advanced power and productivity products and systems in the world.
If you are motivated, have energy, discipline and intellectual firepower, you will find unprecedented opportunities to stretch your thinking, expand your horizons and build your skills as you work with people all over the world.
As IS Application Manager, you will be member of IS Application Team, responsible for supporting and developing IS Services for a wide range of business functions.
The selected candidate will take end-to-end responsibility for support and development of a range of applications and will have the opportunity to impact the future of IS services vital to the business and will be located in Italy.
- •Manage applications through their whole lifecycle,
- •Support and maintain applications, contribute to design and coordinate their development and testing, in line with business demand and IS applicable guidelines,
- •Coordinate work on resolution of incidents, requests or changes related to the relevant application(s) and support development as applicable,
- •Organize and lead Service Review Meetings to monitor status and quality of the application(s) with relevant Business Representatives,
- •Define and coordinate improvements to the quality of the service and keep it aligned with the business needs,
- •Collaborate with other ABB Power Grids IS units by following IS Service Management framework,
- •Define and monitor necessary OLAs and SLAs,
- •Manage resources engaged in applications development, both in-house and third-party,
- •Manage change backlog for applications and platforms, decide on the execution of the changes in application(s) and overview software plan releases,
- •Support internal controls (e.g. SOX) as required for managed applications;
- •Maintain and develop relationships with Business Representatives,
- •Coordinate workflow between development team and vendors/internal support teams.
- •BA University Degree (preferred MS or higher), either in Electronic Engineering, Computer Science or Business Administration,
- •Experience in managing, developing and maintaining global IS applications,
- •Experience in working with IT Service Management concepts (ITIL),
- •Understanding both technical aspects and business processes of applications, especially - but not limited - to their joint implications on user experience and lifecycle sustainability,
- •Scrum or general Agile knowledge and working experience,
- •Ability to promote a team environment with strong engagement and leadership skills,
- •Responsibility for end-to-end delivery, independence, discipline, ability to perform under time pressure,
- •Fluency in English is essential (written and spoken), while another European language is a plus,
- •Project management is a plus,
- •Knowledge of SOX compliance is a plus,
- •Proven experience with SAP, while knowledge of Manufacturing Execution Systems (MES) platforms is a strong plus,
More about us
It is an exciting time to join ABB Power Grids. ABB and Hitachi have signed an agreement to create a joint venture (JV). By combining ABB Power Grids’ with Hitachi’s complementary strengths, we plan to form a new and stronger global leader in the power sector. ABB Power Grids and Hitachi will have more than 230 years of combined heritage and experience. Together, we will be well-positioned to shape the future of energy, with pioneering technologies, as the partner of choice for enabling a stronger, smarter and greener grid. The transaction is expected to be completed by the first half of 2020, subject to regulatory approvals. Join us on this exciting journey.