Country Trade Compliance Officer
Istanbul, Istanbul, Turkey
- Job type
Join ABB and work in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy.
We seek for ”Country Trade Compliance Officer” who will be able to demonstrate knowledge at ABB in Electrification, in Dudullu location with below qualifications;
- Serve as single point of contact for local (national) trade compliance authorities and country management in handling trade compliance relating to exports, cross-border shipments, customers or vendors.
- Ensure the creation and maintenance of written trade compliance standards and procedures for all Local Businesses addressing all applicable export control, sanctions, and customs requirements.
- Oversee trade related archiving requirements, ensure that trade compliance records are kept and retrievable, as defined in the relevant instructions and regulations.
- Ensure, responsible local business management, that all imported and exported goods properly classified with respect to relevant national and international export control regulations and national tariff / commodity classification. Assisting in classification for special transactions, as needed. Ensure maintenance of classification in relevant systems.
- Jointly with IS and local business management, ensure the effective use of ABB`s custom and trade compliance management systems ensuring the efficient implementation of the automated screening solution, as well as the customs management functionalities.
- Develop and implement a strategy to monitor, manage and mitigate trade compliance related risks and opportunities, including close cooperation with customs operations staff and the preparation and use of regular local internal trade reviews (audits of trade compliance) in the Local Businesses.
- Implement a trade compliance training program to ensure basic knowledge and awareness across the entire local organization and raise specific expertise where needed, in line with the ABB Global Trade Program (incl. training framework).
- Provide country management (respectively Lead Business management), CFM and Group Trade Management) periodic updates regarding the status of the local trade compliance program and on significant changes in applicable trade regulations. Communicate trade compliance updates and promote general awareness of trade compliance in the local organization.
- Ensure that Trade Compliance is properly organized, staffed, skilled and directed, at local business level. Guide, motivate and develop nominated TCO`s within HR policies, for the benefit of both ABB and the employee.
- Bachelor’s degree in Economics, Business Administration or related fields
- The CTCO must have several years of experience with business processes and a good understanding of end-to-end supply chain process, risk management and logistics.
- Very good command of written and spoken English & Turkish,
- Very good knowledge of MS Office applications,
- Very good knowledge of SAP,
- Business mind-set, responsiveness, ownership, self-driven, willingness to explore and learn,
- Team player,
- Analytical thinking, result oriented and self-motivated,
- Good communication and negotiation skills required,
- Completed military service for male applicants.
More about us
Bring your very own sense of pride and purpose as you help us drive forward the Fourth Industrial Revolution – creating a sustainable future for our planet, and your career. Join ABB and harness the power of our diverse global network, as you collaborate with and learn from our world-class teams. Above all, challenge yourself every day. Let’s write the future, together.