Associate Project Engineer-Electrification
Istanbul, Istanbul, Turkey
- Job type
Take your next career step at ABB with a global team that is energizing the transformation of society and industry to achieve a more productive, sustainable future.
At ABB, we have the clear goal of driving diversity and inclusion across all dimensions: gender, LGBTQ+, abilities, ethnicity and generations. Together, we are embarking on a journey where each and every one of us, individually and collectively, welcomes and celebrates individual differences.
ABB Distribution Solutions (ELDS) are a global leader in power distribution solutions, delivering pioneering low and medium-voltage innovations and services. We care about your tomorrow, providing solutions for a smarter, safer, environmentally friendly and more reliable flow and distribution of electricity.
Reporting to the Digital System Center Manager, the person in this position will be responsible for managing small and medium project complexity. The Associate Project Manager is key to differentiating ABB in the market place and is the lead customer interface accountable for delivering the project successfully and achieving customer satisfaction scores.Work location is İstandul-Dudullu,Turkey.
- Support engineering activities under the supervision of senior engineer in all types of projects sizes and complexities.
- Complete tasks cost-effectively and in accordance with contract specifications, quality standards and safety requirements.
- Performs basic survey work, standard computations, analysis and basic design tasks. Collects data and supports production of the engineering design (e.g. creates drafts for the Project Engineer to approve).
- Assists other engineers (preparation of permit applications, testing, drawings, computer aided design work, etc.). Exercises judgment on limited details of work and on application of standard methods. Prepares project documentation within one’s scope of deliverables.
- Identifies variation requests to support contract claims issuing.
- Follows work plans and cost estimates in one’s area of responsibility. Ensures quality deliverables on time and within targeted cost.
- Supports risk assessments and implementation of resulting actions in one’s area of responsibility. Documents and handles technical risks according to mitigation guidelines.
- Clarifies technical queries for customers. Interacts with other staff and contractors within one’s scope of deliverables.
- Collaborates with the Supply Chain function, reviews vendor documentation, supports preparation of RFQs, evaluation of proposals, maintaining the execution of projects, etc.
- Uses standard processes and tools applicable to one’s area of responsibility. Reports process and tool inefficiencies, along with suggesting ideas for improvement.
- May assign tasks to and coordinate work with technicians, administrative staff.
- Bachelor’s degree in electrical, electrical/electronics, automation and control engineering.
- Min 3 years of experience as Project Engineer or Commissioning Engineer.
- Min 3 years of experience in Substation Automation, Grid Automation or SCADA/DMS Projects.
- Deep technical knowledge IEC61850, IEC60870-5-10X, Modbus, DNP 3.0 etc. substation communication protocols.
- Excellent command of English skills.
- Turkish knowledge is a must.
- Solid experience in ABB Zenon, PCM600, Rtutil560 or similar softwares.
- Analytical mindset with strong ownership sense.
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills.
- No obstacle for domestic and international travels .
- Driving license is must.