Kaohsiung, Kao-hsiung, Taiwan(Cn.Tai.)
- Job type
Join ABB and work in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy.
The quality and innovation of the engineering in our products, systems and service offerings keeps our customers ahead. Developing solutions for our customers all over the world and working on our market-leading technologies will challenge and enrich your work and your mind.
As a Senior Engineer, you will be part of the Industrial Automation Business and Marine & Ports Business Line (BL) based in Kaohsiung. ABB is the World leader in Industrial Automation (IA) division delivers integrated solutions for control, plant optimization, and industry-specific application knowledge and services to help process industry customers worldwide to meet their critical business needs in the areas of operational profitability, capital productivity, risk management and global responsibility. These industries include oil and gas, power, chemicals and pharmaceuticals, pulp and paper, metals, cement, minerals, marine and turbocharging.
You will be responsible to ensure the Service portfolio is delivered effectively according to ABB standard processes and safety guidelines to satisfy customers. Execute technical support and act as specialist in own area of expertise. In collaboration with the customer and ABB sales teams ensures customer needs are understood and business opportunities utilized for Service growth.
- Provide technical support by identifying technical problems and determining corrective actions in own area of expertise via remote or on-site service in any Service category (installation and commissioning, Maintenance, repairs, engineering and consulting, advanced services, extensions, upgrades and retrofits, end of life services, replacements, etc.). Focus on one ABB approach in delivering Service.
- Investigate customer needs through professional consulting. Provide technical consulting and specialist assistance on Service solutions to management and customers by giving relevant inputs on customer requirements and proposed service products/solutions.
- Hardware / software design, site supervision and commissioning.
- Prepare all required technical documents and reports for project contracts to be signed by the customer representative. Report work done in a timely manner and provides relevant technical supporting documents to the service execution teams and follows up when needed.
- Provide technical specialist support and coordination for the Service team. Plan activities coordinate the work of internal and external technicians and assign them specific tasks related to Service needs. Supervise project teams and contractors at work site and monitors performance.
- Participate in maintenance meetings and improvement activities to proactively provide suggestions for product and quality improvement and shares with ABB organization/management.
- Apply safety rules and safe practices as well as environmental responsibilities. Report unsafe practices and incidents.
- Living ABB’s core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues and the business.
- A Degree or diploma in an electrical or machinery engineering field. with 5 years professional experience in Service or in Product/System unit.
- 5 years of professional experience in Service or in Product/System unit and work experience in Marine and Port for maintenance.
- Expert with ABB ACS880/ACS800/DCS800/AC500/AC800M/800xA and HMI.
- Be capable to perform commissioning or service job individually.
- Strong customer focused attitude and leadership capabilities.
- Able to communicate effectively, to be flexible and work in a team environment.
- Good English communication skills in speaking, reading and writing. Be capable to communicate with factory and foreign customers or suppliers.
- Accept long time commissioning and service at customer site including of oversea service job and training.
- Thinking and acting systemically.
- A collaborative, solutions-oriented approach and strong communication skills.
More about us
Bring your very own sense of pride and purpose as you help us drive forward the Fourth Industrial Revolution – creating a sustainable future for our planet, and your career. Join ABB and harness the power of our diverse global network, as you collaborate with and learn from our world-class teams. Above all, challenge yourself every day. Let’s write the future, together.