Taipei, T´ai-pei, Taiwan(Cn.Tai.)
- Job type
Join ABB and work in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy.
From rapid response and performance improvement to operational efficiency and life-cycle management, Service is one of our fastest-growing areas.
As a Service Engineer, you will be part of the Robotics & Discrete Automation (RA) Business and Robotics Business Line (BL), based in Taipei and Taipei City. ABB is the World leader in Robotics & Discrete Automation (RA) Business offering a wide range of products and services including drives, motors, generators and robots. Key applications include energy conversion, actuation, automation, standardized manufacturing cells for applications such as machine tending, welding, cutting, painting, finishing, palletizing and packing, and engineered systems for the automotive industry.
You will execute service work with Robotics Customer Service (CS) Product Group/ Robotics Business Line (BL)/ Robotics & Discrete Automation (RA) Business in Taipei and Taipei City /Taiwan country/NAS region. You need to ensure the Service portfolio is delivered effectively according to ABB standard, process and stand within the safety guidelines not only to satisfy customers but also for the future growth. Execution with technical support and act as specialist in own area of expertise, would require from all time. In collaboration with the sales team, supporting customer and others ABB units/sales teams ensures customer needs are understood and business opportunities utilized for Service growth.
- Comply to Global/local service strategy to growth and support the service s businesses is the main functional roles for all.
- Stay focus on delivery sales related support to sales team and also fulfilling customer needs by delivery the level best of solution, idea and service to make the customer satisfy with ABB product, services and system.
- Provide technical support by identifying technical problems and determining corrective actions in own area of expertise via remote or on-site service in any Service category (installation and commissioning, maintenance, repairs, engineering and consulting, advanced services, extensions, upgrades and retrofits, end of life services, replacements, etc.). Focuses on one ABB approach in delivering Service.
- Investigate customer needs through professional consulting. Provide technical consulting and specialist assistance on product and service solutions to management and customers by giving relevant inputs on customer requirements and proposed service products/solutions.
- Determine effective solution, service applications, equipment and methods to develop, market or manufacture new Service offerings to respond to customer requirements cost effectively.
- Manage customer relationships and maintains regular contacts with customers. Able to evaluate the breakdown condition, identify new sales opportunities, proactively communicating both with the customer and ABB sales teams to ensure customer needs are met and business opportunities utilized for Service growth. Conduct specialist support and advisory service for Sales team.
- Ensure accurate communication and exchange of technical information to the customers to address their needs and reports and follows up customer feedback to achieve high level of customer satisfaction.
- Coordinate and perform specialist Service projects in relevant areas internally and externally (e.g. milestones, project plan, cost supervision, action steps, project reviews, project supervision) including all commercials.
- Prepare all required technical documents and reports for project contracts to be signed by the customer representative. Report work done in a timely manner and provide relevant technical supporting documents to the service execution teams and follows up when needed.
- Participate in maintenance meeting and improvement activities to proactively provide suggestions for product and quality improvement and shares with ABB organization/management.
- Provide technical specialist support and coordination for the Service team. Plan activity, coordinate the work of internal and external technicians and assigns them specific tasks related to Service needs. Supervise
- project teams and contractors at work site and monitors performance.
- Apply safety rules and safe practices as well as environmental responsibilities. Reports unsafe practices and incidents. Also, safety related KPIs such as Hazard reporting, identification and so. Comply to local, Global and local safety at would be critical. Too. Not limited to help to practice better safety culture.
- Living ABB’s core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues and the business.
- Degree or Diploma in an Engineering field.
- 1 - 5 years of professional experience in Service Line where related to Machinery, Automation and so is preferred.
- Recorded knowledge of Service Portfolio.
- Strong customer focus and leadership capabilities.
- Result-oriented, thinking and acting systemically.
- Good communication skills.
- Self-motivate and to initiate.
More about us
Bring your very own sense of pride and purpose as you help us drive forward the Fourth Industrial Revolution – creating a sustainable future for our planet, and your career. Join ABB and harness the power of our diverse global network, as you collaborate with and learn from our world-class teams. Above all, challenge yourself every day. Let’s write the future, together.