Project Control Specialist
Taipei City, T´ai-pei, Taiwan(Cn.Tai.)
- Job type
Join ABB and work in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy.
ABB project managers are at the heart of our organisation, meeting and exceeding customer expectations while helping to build a sustainable and profitable future. You will have the opportunity to tackle some of the most innovative and complex engineering projects in the world today.
ABB Energy Industries drives growth for customers while supporting safe, efficient and profitable operations with strong global execution capacity, an extensive service footprint and capabilities, and innovative digital leadership.
As a Project Control Specialist, you will be part of the Industrial Automation Business and Energy Industries (BL) Business Line, based in Taipei City; Taiwan (Cn.Tai.).
- Support the tender manager on financial aspects. Provide input to negotiations on commercial issues. Provide input in local risk review process.
- Provide input to the Project Execution Plan on financial aspects. Prepare project invoices, financial accounting and reporting (including project site accounting). Drive and seek for optimization of Project Cash Flow, Revenues and GM contribution together with Project Director. Oversees currency risk, bonds and guarantees and tax issues. Is responsible for the correctness of project balance sheet and income statement as well as for cash flow and monthly/quarterly forecast.
- Participate in opportunity/risk identification, monitor that all required mitigation actions are timely implemented. joint responsibility with the Project Manager for all Financial aspects of the project including Estimate at completion and related Cost-to-complete, forecasted Revenues and Cash Flow, Risk and Opportunities assessment and ensure alignment with other functions including Project Controls, planning/scheduling. Supports the Project Manager in coordinating and preparing monthly project reviews. Participate in preparing the project cost report. Verifies the substance for cost to complete.
- Provide support on claim management, back-charges and insurance cases and monitors the proper follow up together with the Contract Manager/Project Manager up-stream (towards customer), side-stream (towards consortia partner) as well as down-stream (towards suppliers).
- Support the Project Manager in adherence to: corporate governance, integrity, assurance, internal control, group charter, business specific finance directives and instructions.
- Living ABB’s core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues, and the business.
- A Bachelor’s degree or above, in Finance field is a plus.
- More than 5 years of controller experience in infrastructure business in industry.
- Able to communicate effectively, to be flexible and work in a team environment.
- Thinking and acting systematically.
- Work under pressure.
More about us
Bring your very own sense of pride and purpose as you help us drive forward the Fourth Industrial Revolution – creating a sustainable future for our planet, and your career. Join ABB and harness the power of our diverse global network, as you collaborate with and learn from our world-class teams. Above all, challenge yourself every day. Let’s write the future, together.