Taipei City, T´ai-pei, Taiwan(Cn.Tai.)
- Job type
Join ABB and work in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy.
The Project Execution team are at the heart of our organization, meeting and exceeding customer expectations while helping to build a sustainable and profitable future.
As a Project Engineer, ABB's Power Grids Transformers are a global leader in technology, and the largest supplier of transformers in the world. We are pioneering the digitalization of transformers, while working on the frontier of renewable energy and ultra-high voltage AC & DC applications.
You will be a vital member of the Project Execution team in Domestic Sales Product Group/ Transformers Business Line/ Power Grids Business in Taipei City/Taiwan country/China region. You will participate in and supports the implementation of the Projects practices. Execute technical support and solves problems in own expertise area. Manage, coordinate and perform projects internally and externally. Proactively identify potential equipment failures and requests proactive corrective actions.
- Apply safety rules and safe practices as well as environmental responsibilities. Report unsafe practices and incidents.
- Provide technical support and solve problems in own expertise area in any service task repair, extension, upgrades, migration, retrofits.
- Manage, coordinate and perform projects internally and externally, create milestones, project plan, cost supervision, action steps, project reviews, project supervision, including all commercials. Secure delivery and execution according to customer order and expectation. Ensure a tidy and safe work environment.
- Troubleshoot equipment failure and make recommendations to avoid repeating the problem in the future. Communicate with customer and inform when the work is completed
- Report work (act, problems, causes, remedial, hours). Follow up work order when needed. Calculate and work out of tenders for customer solutions also for tailor-made solutions (if applicable after consultation with specialist department).
- Investigate customer needs by professional consulting, e.g. for complex requirements. Manage customer relationships. Co-operate actively with other ABB units to achieve common targets. Support sales team.
- Proactively identify potential equipment failures and request proactive corrective actions. Participate in maintenance meetings (e.g. in PM reviews). Participate in improvement activities (e.g. in Root cause analysis (RCA)).
- Handel transformer project after order. Supervise for transformer sit installation & test. Service for transformer and components. Often travel to site (domestic and oversea).
- Living ABB’s core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues and the business.
- Technical Diploma or Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering field.
- Experience in Service in industry and at least 2 years of transformer experience is preferred.
- Knowledge of ABB products/systems.
- Customer focused attitude.
- Able to communicate effectively and flexible and work in a team environment.
- Thinking and acting systemically.
- Fluent in Chinese & English.
More about us
“It is an exciting time to join ABB Power Grids. ABB and Hitachi have signed an agreement to create a joint venture (JV). By combining ABB Power Grids’ with Hitachi’s complementary strengths, we plan to form a new and stronger global leader in the power sector. ABB Power Grids and Hitachi will have more than 230 years of combined heritage and experience. Together, we will be well-positioned to shape the future of energy, with pioneering technologies, as the partner of choice for enabling a stronger, smarter and greener grid. The transaction is expected to be completed by the first half of 2020, subject to regulatory approvals. Join us on this exciting journey.”