Quality Control Systems Field Service Engineer
Chillicothe, Ohio, USA
- Job type
ABB (ABBN: SIX Swiss Ex) is a pioneering technology leader in electrification products, robotics and motion, industrial automation and power grids, serving customers in utilities, industry and transport & infrastructure globally. Continuing a history of innovation spanning more than 130 years, ABB today is writing the future of industrial digitalization with two clear value propositions: bringing electricity from any power plant to any plug and automating industries from natural resources to finished products. As title partner of Formula E, the fully electric international FIA motorsport class, ABB is pushing the boundaries of e-mobility to contribute to a sustainable future. ABB operates in more than 100 countries with about 135,000 employees. www.abb.com
ABB is seeking a QCS Field Service Engineer for its Chillicothe, OH location. This role is responsible for supporting the full lifecycle of ABB pulp-and-paper quality control products at ABB customer facilities under general supervision. This includes performing preventive and corrective maintenance, testing and troubleshooting of proprietary ABB hardware and software, as well as assisting with any projects, upgrades, new installations, and advanced services for the technician’s assigned customer or region. This individual will be required to work independently or as part of a small site team to provide service for customers of ABB pulp-and-paper quality control solutions.
Typical duties/responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Maintain ABB’s suite of quality control hardware and software. This includes but is not limited to; cleaning debris from sensors, troubleshooting electrical and mechanical issues with the frame and sensor package, troubleshooting the computer system and HMI/control software, and maintaining the working state of the entire ABB quality control solution at site. Handle customer questions about the state of the ABB system.
• Handle customer service related issues while fostering the customer relationship and working to solve technical problems on-site. Deal directly with, and communicate effectively with plant operators, plant management, 3rd party vendors, and other ABB personnel in support of service operations.
• Troubleshoot and repair equipment applying own technical knowledge and experience to resolve problems. Training on ABB products and services will be provided; however, a basic understanding of electrical theory and electrical safety is required in order for the training to be beneficial.
• Accurately document the work that is performed at a customer facility and/or project staging area. Professionally document work completed on periodic preventive maintenance as well as intermittent corrective maintenance tasks.
• When required, play an active role in various projects such as upgrades, new installations, or new functionality for customers. Coordinate work with other groups to ensure meeting commitments.
• Depending on the service requirements for a particular customer or region, this position may require travel and/or relocation.
• Associates Degree and a minimum of 5 years of experience in electrical/electronics, instrumentation or process control.
• Candidates must already have a work authorization that allows them to work for ABB in the United States.
• Bachelor's Degree in Engineering and 3 years of Service Experience in the Pulp and Paper industry.
• Candidates must know how to use electrical test equipment such as voltmeters or multi-meters safely.
• Mechanical aptitude is preferred. Candidates must be comfortable using basic hand tools.
More about us
Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action at ABB
ABB is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, creed, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, citizen status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, marital status, family medical leave status, or protected veterans status. For more information regarding your (EEO) rights as an applicant, please visit the following websites:
As an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, applicants may request to review the Affirmative Action Plan of a particular ABB facility between the hours of 9:00 A.M. - 5:00 P.M. EST Monday through Friday by contacting an ABB HR Representative at 1-888-694-7762.
Protected veterans and qualified individuals with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access ABB's career site as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling an ABB HR Representative at 1-888-694-7762 or by sending an email to US-AskHR@abb.com. Resumes and applications will not be accepted in this manner.