Senior Drafter - Mechanical
Lake Mary, Florida, USA
- Job type
ABB (ABBN: SIX Swiss Ex) is a pioneering technology leader in power grids, electrification products, industrial automation and robotics and motion, serving customers in utilities, industry and transport & infrastructure globally. Continuing a history of innovation spanning more than 130 years, ABB today is writing the future of industrial digitalization with two clear value propositions: bringing electricity from any power plant to any plug and automating industries from natural resources to finished products. As title partner in ABB Formula E, the fully electric international FIA motorsport class, ABB is pushing the boundaries of e-mobility to contribute to a sustainable future. ABB operates in more than 100 countries with about 147,000 employees. www.abb.com
ABB is seeking a Senior Drafter Mechanical for its Lake Mary, Florida location. This role is responsible in having close association with the responsible customer order engineer, work scope definition, design layout and detailed drawings to satisfy requirements and conditions of assigned contracts. Assist senior staff in drafting related functions and provide leadership and direction to less experienced staff.
Typical duties/responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, the following:
Mechanical drafters collaborate with engineers to receive instructions and resolve design issues. Drafters may also correspond with production workers to clarify design details and receive feedback for improvements. Along with technical drawings, drafters may be required to provide documentation manuals to assist production employees during installation. Drafters may also be responsible for training and overseeing other drafters and technicians.Provide advice and guidance to supporting drafters regarding such factors as technical details, standards, quality and related problems.
• Design and draw mechanical element of the product.
• Draft technical details.
• Use Solid works and/or AutoCAD to prepare drawings.
• Create and store drawings electronically.
• Program drawings into automated manufacturing systems.
• Explain concepts to production employees.
• Prepare engineering drawings that detail plans and specifications.
• Design special mechanical components for our products.
• Associate's Degree in engineering and a minimum of 5 years of experience in Drafting OR BS degree in Engineering or Technology with 3 years of experience in Drafting OR High School degree with 7 years of experience in Drafting with.
• Candidates must already have a work authorization that would permit them to work for ABB in the US.
• Drafting utilizing 3-D CAD object oriented tools and MRP (Material Requirements Planning) system. Key tools used are AutoCAD, ePLAN Electric P8, SolidWorks Routing, SmarTeam and SAP.
More about us
Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action at ABB
ABB is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, creed, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, citizen status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, marital status, family medical leave status, or protected veterans status. For more information regarding your (EEO) rights as an applicant, please visit the following websites:
As an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, applicants may request to review the Affirmative Action Plan of a particular ABB facility between the hours of 9:00 A.M. - 5:00 P.M. EST Monday through Friday by contacting an ABB HR Representative at 1-888-694-7762.
Protected veterans and qualified individuals with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access ABB's career site as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling an ABB HR Representative at 1-888-694-7762 or by sending an email to US-AskHR@abb.com. Resumes and applications will not be accepted in this manner.