Industrial Automation Control Technologies (IACT) Southwest Sales Manager
San Diego, California, USA
- Job type
ABB (ABBN: SIX Swiss Ex) is a pioneering technology leader in power grids, electrification products, industrial automation and robotics and motion, serving customers in utilities, industry and transport & infrastructure globally. Continuing a history of innovation spanning more than 130 years, ABB today is writing the future of industrial digitalization with two clear value propositions: bringing electricity from any power plant to any plug and automating industries from natural resources to finished products. As title partner in ABB Formula E, the fully electric international FIA motorsport class, ABB is pushing the boundaries of e-mobility to contribute to a sustainable future. ABB operates in more than 100 countries with about 147,000 employees. www.abb.com
ABB Inc., is seeking an Industrial Automation Control Technologies (IACT) Sales Manager for its Southwest Market. This role is responsible for developing and maintaining the Channel program in North America to deliver growth in targeted markets and industries.
The Industrial Automation Control Technologies (IACT) Sales Manager will be responsible for developing, managing, and growing the corporate channel relationship, growing sales for ABB Industrial Automation Solutions, and leading the strategic focus of ABB with all the Channels. Responsibility includes working closely with the Regional Account Managers and Local Channel Sales teams with the correct planning / executing marketing and sales support to meet the Business targets. Ensure high levels of customer satisfaction and continuously monitor channel performance. This position will report to the ABB North America Sales Director of IACT.
Typical duties/responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Defines and implements the ABB Value provider channel in accordance with the IACT marketing and sales strategy and ensures regular follow-up.
• Collaborate across the Channels and ABB organization to drive the actions that will foster growth. Develop and execute plans, goals and objectives to meet growth and strategic requirements.
• Defines key targets for the channels (e.g. volume, prices, mix) and ensures these are achieved for the channel in the specified market. Drive IACT pricing strategy and policy liaising with local sales and factory teams.
• Contributes to negotiations of Channel frame agreements with ABB IACT Management and Channel partners.
• Identifies and evaluates IACT channel partners together with the Regional AMs and Sales Managers and authorizes them in coordination with the Sales management team. Defines and implements annual performance assessment and forecast process for channel partners.
• Coordinates sales and marketing efforts that require channel partner participation. Ensures appropriate communication, promotion and training activities in the channels.
• Implement policies and standards used at the IACT Hub and globally for channel partner evaluation and certification. Develops training plans for Channel Partners in all aspects of Industrial Automation Solutions.
• Supports driving strategic partnerships, through developing personal relationships with key partners, customers and other decision makers.
• Coaches, motivates and develops Channel Partners Sales Teams. Drives and ensures know-how sharing and cross-collaboration.
• Overnight travel is estimated to be up to 100 - 150 nights per year throughout North America. Overnight travel includes travel to regions, factories, channel partner locations, customer locations, trade shows, sales meetings and industry conferences.
• Bachelor’s Degree and a minimum of eight (8) years of experience in sales or Channel Management.
• Candidates must already have a work authorization that allows them to work for ABB in the United States.
• MBA is a Plus
• 8+ years of experience in Industrial Automation
• Previous experience with ABB equipment
• Technical sales experience,
• Understanding of project schedules, managing technical support personal to delivery cohesive message to customer.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
More about us
Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action at ABB
ABB is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, creed, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, citizen status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, marital status, family medical leave status, or protected veterans status. For more information regarding your (EEO) rights as an applicant, please visit the following websites:
As an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, applicants may request to review the Affirmative Action Plan of a particular ABB facility between the hours of 9:00 A.M. - 5:00 P.M. EST Monday through Friday by contacting an ABB HR Representative at 1-888-694-7762.
Protected veterans and qualified individuals with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access ABB's career site as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling an ABB HR Representative at 1-888-694-7762 or by sending an email to US-AskHR@abb.com. Resumes and applications will not be accepted in this manner.
Add the jobs you want to consider to your shortlist and review later.
Please note that your shortlist is saved locally and will be available only on the same device.
Send the shortlisted jobs to your e-mail.
Your shortlist was successfully sent.
Something went wrong.
Please enter a valid e-mail address.