Quality Engineer (LSO Quality center)
Senatobia, Mississippi, USA
- Job type
ABB (ABBN: SIX Swiss Ex) is a pioneering technology leader in power grids, electrification products, industrial automation and robotics and motion, serving customers in utilities, industry and transport & infrastructure globally. Continuing a history of innovation spanning more than 130 years, ABB today is writing the future of industrial digitalization with two clear value propositions: bringing electricity from any power plant to any plug and automating industries from natural resources to finished products. As title partner in ABB Formula E, the fully electric international FIA motorsport class, ABB is pushing the boundaries of e-mobility to contribute to a sustainable future. ABB operates in more than 100 countries with about 147,000 employees. www.abb.com
ABB is seeking a Quality Engineer for its Senatobia, Mississippi location. This role is responsible for leading a team focused on improving product quality and performance. Oversees quality improvement initiatives in all areas of the value chain from suppliers to customer. Ensures high quality assistance to the customers for all technical or application critical situations related to the products. Assure that products and systems meet stated requirements in a cost effective and safe working environment within the local business.
- Typical duties/responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- • Safety: Implements and ensures that safety systems are in place, known, and utilized by assigned personnel resulting in an accident-free workplace.
- • Incoming Quality Control: Ensures the quality control for the incoming materials and components and develops supplier qualification process to enable the reaching of high quality standards. Performs regular vendor evaluations.
- • Process and Product Quality Control: Ensures the quality control of the manufacturing processes according to international standards and internal procedures. Ensures the local organization has the necessary hardware and software capability to assure products and systems meet specified requirements and customer expectations.
- • Customer Quality Service: Acts timely as coordinator in customer complaints to analyze root cause and take corrective and preventive actions.
- • Products Development: During the development phase, collaborates with R&D in product reliability and design for manufacturing. Collaborates with engineering staff to develop test protocols as necessary to investigate the integrity of new products or new functionality for existing products. Defines and ensures that tests (according with standards, customer oriented, zero tolerance and field tests) are performed before gate 5.
- • Performance targets: Designs, develops and implements an effective Opportunity of Performing Quality (OPQ) measurement process that quantifies the scope of wastes and inefficiencies in the business, prioritizes areas for improvement, identifies improvement actions and focuses on causes and corrective actions to reduce OPQ. Focus on achievement of Project On-Time and On-Cost, OPQ cost reduction, CCRP% ROT (resolved on time), PPM, NPS and HSE.
- • Quality Monitoring: Oversees weekly and monthly quality reports and improvement activities. Monitors and reviews progress and suggests correction in order to meet the key performance indicator targets.
- • Quality System: Ensures that the unit is aligned with the Management Quality System.
- Basic Qualifications:
- • Engineering Degree and a minimum years of progressive experience in manufacturing environments
- Preferred Qualifications:
- • Minimum of 2 years of experience in manufacturing environments
- • Advanced degree in engineering
- • Six Sigma Black Belt
- • Quality Industry Certifications
- • Deployment of Quality Management Systems
- • Awareness of Low voltage products devices and regulations (IEC/UL/CCC/CSA)
- • Proficient in Minitab and SAP
- • Strong leadership skills
- • Excellent written and verbal communication skills
More about us
Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action at ABB
ABB is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, creed, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, citizen status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, marital status, family medical leave status, or protected veterans status. For more information regarding your (EEO) rights as an applicant, please visit the following websites:
As an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, applicants may request to review the Affirmative Action Plan of a particular ABB facility between the hours of 9:00 A.M. - 5:00 P.M. EST Monday through Friday by contacting an ABB HR Representative at 1-888-694-7762.
Protected veterans and qualified individuals with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access ABB's career site as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling an ABB HR Representative at 1-888-694-7762 or by sending an email to US-AskHR@abb.com. Resumes and applications will not be accepted in this manner.