Lexington, Massachusetts, USA
- Job type
ABB (ABBN: SIX Swiss Ex) is a pioneering technology leader in power grids, electrification products, industrial automation and robotics and motion, serving customers in utilities, industry and transport & infrastructure globally. Continuing a history of innovation spanning more than 130 years, ABB today is writing the future of industrial digitalization with two clear value propositions: bringing electricity from any power plant to any plug and automating industries from natural resources to finished products. As title partner in ABB Formula E, the fully electric international FIA motorsport class, ABB is pushing the boundaries of e-mobility to contribute to a sustainable future. ABB operates in more than 100 countries with about 147,000 employees. www.abb.com
Industrial Solutions empowers smarter business operations by connecting equipment, software, and services to protect, control, and optimize assets within electrical infrastructures. Across multiple energy-intensive industries, the business provides customers with end-to-end product and service solutions that help ensure the reliability and protection of their electrical infrastructure. The Lead Project Leadership Specialist will demonstrate leadership in communicating business goals, programs, and processes for an area or business segment. In this role you will utilize your experience or expertise to solve problems, develop and execute objectives for self and others, and have the ability to effect short-term and some long-term business goals.
Typical duties/responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Plan and implement electrical projects at various customer work sites in the US, including the activities of staff and subcontractors
• Electrical projects will be focused in the commercial construction markets and may include, but are not limited to, retail, airports, entertainment, hospitals, education (schools, colleges, universities), multi-story residential and water/waste water treatment plants.
• Be the primary customer contact for the duration of each project. May commission, resolve specification issues, handle correspondence, provide periodic updates, ensure customer satisfaction, and negotiate / coordinate with staff as appropriate
• Respond to call-out type repair requests from customers
• Lead the regional implementation of New Product Introductions (NPI) and take actions necessary to expand existing product lines and grow the business through development of new products and services
• Translate customer needs / requirements into detailed project plans while driving internal execution to meet project targets and on time delivery
• Manage a network of internal and external resources (including contractors) in support of project execution
• Identify opportunities to expand the project in ways that bring value to our customer and satisfy our profitability requirements
• Take part in the writing of reports that describe the results of a project
• Assemble and customize contractually required documentation at the onset and end of a project
• Participate in the development of proposals for projects
• Manage the project budget and timeline and ensure the resources are available to complete the project within budget and on time in order to meet customer obligations
• Effectively lead and manage multiple projects simultaneously while meeting or exceeding loading targets of greater than or equal to the average for your role, with a minimum of: $12-14MM (15-25 projects)
• Ensure that delivered products and services achieve highest quality and performance levels
• Negotiate change orders with the customers
• Professionally represent GE during all customer communications
• Manage a varied staff that will include employees, customers, partner companies, or subcontractors
• Bachelor's Degree from an accredited university or college (or a High School Diploma / GED with a minimum 4 years of experience in an engineering or project management position)
• Minimum 3 additional year of experience in a project management, engineering or manufacturing role
• Minimum 3 years of project management experience working in a lead capacity implementing projects in a field environment
• Ability and willingness to travel, as required
More about us
Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action at ABB
ABB is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, creed, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, citizen status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, marital status, family medical leave status, or protected veterans status. For more information regarding your (EEO) rights as an applicant, please visit the following websites:
As an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, applicants may request to review the Affirmative Action Plan of a particular ABB facility between the hours of 9:00 A.M. - 5:00 P.M. EST Monday through Friday by contacting an ABB HR Representative at 1-888-694-7762.
Protected veterans and qualified individuals with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access ABB's career site as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling an ABB HR Representative at 1-888-694-7762 or by sending an email to US-AskHR@abb.com. Resumes and applications will not be accepted in this manner.
Add the jobs you want to consider to your shortlist and review later.
Please note that your shortlist is saved locally and will be available only on the same device.
Send the shortlisted jobs to your e-mail.
Your shortlist was successfully sent.
Something went wrong.
Please enter a valid e-mail address.