Senior Embedded Systems Engineer: Autonomous Vehicles
Windsor, Connecticut, USA
- Job type
ABB (ABBN: SIX Swiss Ex) is a pioneering technology leader in power grids, electrification products, industrial automation and robotics and motion, serving customers in utilities, industry and transport & infrastructure globally. Continuing a history of innovation spanning more than 130 years, ABB today is writing the future of industrial digitalization with two clear value propositions: bringing electricity from any power plant to any plug and automating industries from natural resources to finished products. As title partner in ABB Formula E, the fully electric international FIA motorsport class, ABB is pushing the boundaries of e-mobility to contribute to a sustainable future. ABB operates in more than 100 countries with about 147,000 employees. www.abb.com
ABB is seeking a Senior Embedded Systems Engineer for its Windsor, CT location for an exciting position in a new group focusing on autonomous vehicles and mobile robotics! ABB Corporate Research is developing the foundations for the next and future generations of ABB products. The US arm of ABB Corporate Research (USCRC) shares worldwide research and development responsibility for several important technology areas, including robotics, mechatronics, sensors, and mobility. This is fast paced, dynamic role in a new product group with an “internal startup” environment hosted by ABB Corporate Research. In this capacity, you will work closely both with corporate research and business units to develop innovative service robotic and mechatronic systems into launched products.
Typical duties/responsibilities for engineering may include, but are not limited to the following:
• System architecture development and analysis for complex embedded systems of autonomous vehicles.
• Design, analysis and evaluation of embedded systems including software, hardware, sensor and PCB development and implementation.
• Verification & Validation test design and implementation.
• Collaborative development of complex electromechanical systems with an international team.
• Stakeholder engagement & communication.
• Bachelor’s Degree and three plus years of experience, or Master’s degree and a 1 years of experience in electrical, computer, robotic engineering fields.
• Demonstrated experience in design, development, testing and production of electrical subsystems and embedded control systems.
• Several years’ practical experience in embedded C programming for microcontrollers.
• Ability to architect, write and test software for Unix/Linux in embedded systems.
• Experience with Altium a strong a plus.
• Experience with programmable logic devices, FPGAs including writing VHDL.
• Experience with autonomous systems in one or more of the following areas: automotive controls, planning under uncertainty, or localization and mapping.
• Basic understanding and knowledge of PCB layout and design.
• Candidates must already have a work authorization that would permit them to work for ABB in the US.
More about us
Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action at ABB
ABB is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, creed, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, citizen status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, marital status, family medical leave status, or protected veterans status. For more information regarding your (EEO) rights as an applicant, please visit the following websites:
As an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, applicants may request to review the Affirmative Action Plan of a particular ABB facility between the hours of 9:00 A.M. - 5:00 P.M. EST Monday through Friday by contacting an ABB HR Representative at 1-888-694-7762.
Protected veterans and qualified individuals with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access ABB's career site as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling an ABB HR Representative at 1-888-694-7762 or by sending an email to US-AskHR@abb.com. Resumes and applications will not be accepted in this manner.