Cyber Security Specialist
Raleigh, North Carolina, USA
- Job type
ABB (ABBN: SIX Swiss Ex) is a pioneering technology leader in power grids, electrification products, industrial automation and robotics and motion, serving customers in utilities, industry and transport & infrastructure globally. Continuing a history of innovation spanning more than 130 years, ABB today is writing the future of industrial digitalization with two clear value propositions: bringing electricity from any power plant to any plug and automating industries from natural resources to finished products. As title partner in ABB Formula E, the fully electric international FIA motorsport class, ABB is pushing the boundaries of e-mobility to contribute to a sustainable future. ABB operates in more than 100 countries with about 147,000 employees. www.abb.com
ABB is seeking a Cyber Security Specialist for its Raleigh, North Carolina location. This role will be working with the Transformer Digital Research and Development Team. The Cyber Security Specialist encompasses the cyber security testing, troubleshooting, fault resolution for the entire suite of Product Groups (PG) within the Transformer Business Unit (BU).
Typical duties/responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Lead security robustness assessments of embedded devices, web applications, and mobile applications.
• Perform threat analysis of the devices from security point of view.
• Provide suggestions and fixes for cyber security faults to device/software development teams.
• Perform in-depth analysis of results and put together technical reports summarizing findings and recommendations.
• Perform testing on security of protocols, interfaces and technologies used for communication to edge and cloud based platforms.
• Review of Technical Specifications for adherence to ABB’s Cyber Security Requirement compatibility.
• Perform product design reviews throughout development lifecycle focused on Cyber Security compliance.
• Help improve operations by conducting systems reviews and recommending changes in policies or procedures.
• Create and manage relationships with third party providers as needed.
• Review progress and deliverables on a regular basis.
• Minimize exposure and risks on projects and implement risk mitigation when required.
• Participate in, and assist team members with a variety of more complex engineering activities.
• Global collaboration with engineers in ABB’s Device Security Assurance Center (DSAC), Technology Managers and Engineers from the various ABB (Power Grid) PG’s of the Transformer Business Unit (BU).
• Primary Business Unit (BU) contact for the Device Security Assurance Center (DSAC) organization.
• Maintain hardware and software configuration for proper cyber security testing in Business Unit (BU) development lab.
• Work with product development teams throughout product lifecycle on identification, assessment and implementation of security patches.
• Bachelor's degree in computer science or cyber security and a minimum of four( 4) years Cyber Security experience.
• Candidates must already have a work authorization that allows them to work for ABB in the United States.
• Master of Science degree is desired.
• In depth knowledge of Transmission Control Protocol / Internet Protocol (TCP/IP) networking and application protocols concepts.
• Understanding of software exploitation and common vulnerabilities.
• Experience with port scanning, vulnerability assessment and fuzzing tools such as Defensics, Achilles, Nessus, and Nmap.
• Strong knowledge in analysis of web applications, scanning and vulnerability assessment reporting.
• Good knowledge of the Hypertext Transfer Protocol/Hyper Text Transfer Protocol over Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) (HTTP/HTTPS) protocols, and other protocols associated with web technologies.
• Good knowledge on app and Application programming interface (APIs) (REST, SOAP) security testing.
• Understanding of general Cyber Security standards and NIST framework.
• Knowledge on encryption technologies is a plus.
• Proficient with one of the scripting languages such as shell, python, ruby etc. is a plus.
• Communication Protocols knowledge eg. MODBUS, MODBUS/TCP, DNP3,International Electrotechnical Commission (IEC 61850), Transmission Control Protocol / Internet Protocol (TCP/IP) is highly desired.
• Ability to work with a small team or alone with little supervision.
• Good command of oral and written English language skills.
• Position may require up to 25% travel, domestic and international.
More about us
Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action at ABB
ABB is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, creed, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, citizen status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, marital status, family medical leave status, or protected veterans status. For more information regarding your (EEO) rights as an applicant, please visit the following websites:
As an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, applicants may request to review the Affirmative Action Plan of a particular ABB facility between the hours of 9:00 A.M. - 5:00 P.M. EST Monday through Friday by contacting an ABB HR Representative at 1-888-694-7762.
Protected veterans and qualified individuals with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access ABB's career site as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling an ABB HR Representative at 1-888-694-7762 or by sending an email to US-AskHR@abb.com. Resumes and applications will not be accepted in this manner.
Add the jobs you want to consider to your shortlist and review later.
Please note that your shortlist is saved locally and will be available only on the same device.
Send the shortlisted jobs to your e-mail.
Your shortlist was successfully sent.
Something went wrong.
Please enter a valid e-mail address.