Application Engineer/Technical Sales Support, System Drives
Wauwatosa, Wisconsin, USA
- Job type
Join ABB and work in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy.
ABB is seeking a Application Engineer/Technical Sales Support for its Wauwatosa, Wisconsin location. Application Engineer/Technical Sales to support will be of responsible Support the local Sales organization/customers in determining the most technically appropriate and cost-effective solutions and prepare technical descriptions of the applied products and technology to support the proposal process. Serve as a key technical resource in the assigned area.
- Typical duties/responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- • Supports the local Sales organization/customers in determining the most technically appropriate and cost-effective solutions as well as the preparation of offers. Provides technical support during technical meetings, product presentations and negotiations.
- • Performs analytic and diagnostic studies to determine most suitable technical solution to meet customer needs. Proposes technical solutions for complex enquiries. Simulations of variable speed drive systems and evaluation of waveforms, motor torque, starting time etc.
- • Manages the preparation of all technical (e.g. defining the most suitable technology and product type(s)), financial (e.g. cost sheet) and if necessary project management (e.g. quantifies hours of engineering and commissioning) aspects of the quotation. Design of variable speed drive systems for quotations and ordered projects (issue technical documents for sales, project management, engineering).
- • Ensures in accordance with quotation planning that, internal and external, inputs are provided on time and according to established quality procedures.
- • Identifies potential risks in customer’s requirements and specifications and coordinates the solutions with the sales team. Provides information and/or participates in the Risk Review process in accordance with ABB policy.
- • Identifies potential vendors for equipment and materials required in projects. Evaluates technically supplier offers to check match with specifications. Collaborates with Supply Chain Management to coordinate requests to subcontractors.
- • Prepares and delivers technical presentations for products and solutions for different applications.
- • Oversees the validation of terms and conditions (commercial, technical, legal, pricing) in each offer.
- • Offers product/solution/service related training.
- • Prepares and checks technical articles for publication.
- Basic Qualifications:
- • University Degree in Electrical or Automation Industry with minimum of 2 years of experience in related areas; e.g. Product Engineering, Technical Support, Application Engineering
- Preferred Qualifications:
- • Strong knowledge about low voltage and/or medium AC Drives
- • Goal/result oriented mindset with capability to identify new opportunities and translate these into action plans and actual execution
- • Structured and Process orientated (processes, tools, dashboard…)
- • Demonstrate effective communication skills
- • Customer & Market Orientation
- • Good understanding of relevant markets, customers, and competition
- • Proven record in execution of defined strategic initiatives
- • Leadership (coaching and mentoring)
- • Teamwork and collaboration
- • Ability to work independent
- • Intercultural Sensitivity & Effectiveness
- • Willing to travel (20-30%)
More about us
Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action at ABB
ABB is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, creed, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, citizen status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, marital status, family medical leave status, or protected veterans status. For more information regarding your (EEO) rights as an applicant, please visit the following websites:
As an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, applicants may request to review the Affirmative Action Plan of a particular ABB facility between the hours of 9:00 A.M. - 5:00 P.M. EST Monday through Friday by contacting an ABB HR Representative at 1-888-694-7762.
Protected veterans and qualified individuals with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access ABB's career site as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling an ABB HR Representative at 1-888-694-7762 or by sending an email to US-AskHR@abb.com. Resumes and applications will not be accepted in this manner.