Senatobia, Mississippi, USA
- Job type
ABB (ABBN: SIX Swiss Ex) is a pioneering technology leader in power grids, electrification products, industrial automation and robotics and motion, serving customers in utilities, industry and transport & infrastructure globally. Continuing a history of innovation spanning more than 130 years, ABB today is writing the future of industrial digitalization with two clear value propositions: bringing electricity from any power plant to any plug and automating industries from natural resources to finished products. As title partner in ABB Formula E, the fully electric international FIA motorsport class, ABB is pushing the boundaries of e-mobility to contribute to a sustainable future. ABB operates in more than 100 countries with about 147,000 employees. www.abb.com
ABB is seeking a Material planner for its Senatobia, MS location. This role will be responsible for material availability and raw material inventory management. Execute assigned purchase orders according to purchasing requests and standard procedures.
Typical duties/responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Material availability: Conducts piece part stock out analysis, identifies root causes and assigns follow-up actions to appropriate value chain function.
• Raw material inventory: Selects and optimizes raw material inventory levels to maintain supplies at targeted service levels. Analyzes excess inventory, identifies root cause and assigns follow-up action to appropriate value chain function.
• Supplier replenishment: Establishes appropriate supplier replenishment process and communicates rolling 18-24 months material forecast to suppliers.
• Supply Chain performance review: Conducts monthly supply chain management review covering supplier delivery performance, material availability, raw material inventory, supplier lead times and supplier quality. Identifies and performs appropriate actions when suppliers do not meet defined performance standards.
• Purchase orders: Releases purchase orders, addresses Material Requirement Planner (MRP) action messages, expedites parts and manages quick ship requests. Holds daily meetings with Production Planners, Receiving/Inspection and Customer Care to communicate and expedite materials issues. Conducts Purchase Order Date Management Review.
• Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) management: Ensures accuracy of ERP with regard to sourcing rules, supplier lead times, planning time fence, fixed day supply, minimum order quantity etc.
• Vendor list: Contributes to vendor list management by collecting data from suppliers and ensuring accurate representation in the system (SAP, ProSupply, etc.). Maintains updated information for any purchasing parameters and indicators.
• ABCD / ABC – XYZ Classification: Leads part classification into ABCD or ABC/XYZ in order to optimize purchasing quantities, order patterns (e.g. just in time) and best methods of materials management.
• Bachelor’s Degree
• Minimum 2 years of experience in purchasing and supply chain in a manufacturing/production facility
• SAP experience preferred
More about us
Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action at ABB
ABB is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, creed, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, citizen status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, marital status, family medical leave status, or protected veterans status. For more information regarding your (EEO) rights as an applicant, please visit the following websites:
As an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, applicants may request to review the Affirmative Action Plan of a particular ABB facility between the hours of 9:00 A.M. - 5:00 P.M. EST Monday through Friday by contacting an ABB HR Representative at 1-888-694-7762.
Protected veterans and qualified individuals with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access ABB's career site as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling an ABB HR Representative at 1-888-694-7762 or by sending an email to US-AskHR@abb.com. Resumes and applications will not be accepted in this manner.
Add the jobs you want to consider to your shortlist and review later.
Please note that your shortlist is saved locally and will be available only on the same device.
Send the shortlisted jobs to your e-mail.
Your shortlist was successfully sent.
Something went wrong.
Please enter a valid e-mail address.