Account Executive - Enterprise Software
Minneapolis, Minnesota, USA
- Job type
ABB (ABBN: SIX Swiss Ex) is a pioneering technology leader in power grids, electrification products, industrial automation and robotics and motion, serving customers in utilities, industry and transport & infrastructure globally. Continuing a history of innovation spanning more than 130 years, ABB today is writing the future of industrial digitalization with two clear value propositions: bringing electricity from any power plant to any plug and automating industries from natural resources to finished products. As title partner in ABB Formula E, the fully electric international FIA motorsport class, ABB is pushing the boundaries of e-mobility to contribute to a sustainable future. ABB operates in more than 100 countries with about 147,000 employees. www.abb.com
ABB is seeking a Senior Sales Executive for its Minneapolis, Minnesota location. This role is responsible for generating new license and professional services revenue from new and named accounts within an assigned territory. The expectation is that 50% of the Sales Executive’s time will be spent face to face with customers and prospects. They will use strategic, consultative selling techniques to grow the Enterprise Software footprint in their geographic territory. This role will develop account and territory sales plans and strategies to ensure success.
Typical duties/responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Develop sales plans, strategies, and work with the extended Enterprise Software team to create final solution presentations designed to enhance revenue growth and meet customer needs.
• Travel throughout assigned territory to call on existing and prospective customers to identify, progress and close opportunities.
• Analyze customers' needs and recommend solution that best meets the customers' requirements.
• Work under general supervision from Regional Sales Leader with some autonomy.
• Develop broad relationships within new and named accounts at all levels of the organization by maintaining regular contact with users and timely and valuable communication with executives to demonstrate value and ensure satisfaction.
• Remain knowledgeable of organization's products/services as well as industry dynamics and news to facilitate sales efforts.
• Compile lists of prospective customers for use as sales leads based on information from newspapers, business directories, Enterprise Software ads, trade shows, Internet Web sites, and other sources.
• Quote prices and credit terms and prepare sales contracts for orders obtained.
• Promptly follow up on marketing leads, drive attendance to marketing driven events and leverage.
• Enterprise Software marketing to build pipeline.
• Enter new customer data and other sales data for current customers into Salesforce.com database.
• Ensure accurate forecasting quarterly by using salesforce.com for opportunity management.
• Investigate and resolve customer problems with deliveries, escalate as appropriate for timely response.
• Participate as an Enterprise Software representative at trade shows.
• Other duties may be assigned to support the organization and its goals.
• High school diploma or GED and minimum of sixteen (16) years of software related sales.
• Associates degree and minimum of fourteen (14) years of software related sales.
• Bachelor’s degree and minimum of twelve (12) years of software related sales.
• Master’s degree (MS) and minimum of ten (10) years of software related sales
• Candidates must already have a work authorization that allows them to work for ABB in the United States.
• Degree in marketing or business administration or business-related degree.
• History of success developing regional target market pipeline growth for any related geographic territory.
• Demonstrated experience of successful selling into Energy, Utilities and/or Natural Resource industries.
• Develop their overall plan and forecasting sales results for both the short and long term.
• Manage and set clear, measurable performance goals to achieve their sales quotas.
• Be field-minded with the interest and ability to travel and meet new and/or existing clients, partners and colleagues when necessary.
• This individual is persuasive and rapidly commands credibility and respect. She/he possesses excellent presentation and communication skills (oral and written) ' and is well-versed in representing the company to senior executives; business partners and C-suite executives etc.
• She/he possesses a hands-on orientation with a demonstrated record of leading the negotiation and closing of major sales opportunities with senior customer executives ' and has experience developing and leading revenue planning and forecasting ' territory planning ' pipeline management ' account development ' and sales compensation systems and processes (Saleforce.com preferred).
• She/he is an action-oriented individual who can handle multiple tasks.
• A “continuous learner" with the ability to adapt to changing market conditions and willing to share best practices to enhance their fellow sales representative’s ability to be successful.
More about us
Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action at ABB
ABB is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, creed, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, citizen status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, marital status, family medical leave status, or protected veterans status. For more information regarding your (EEO) rights as an applicant, please visit the following websites:
As an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, applicants may request to review the Affirmative Action Plan of a particular ABB facility between the hours of 9:00 A.M. - 5:00 P.M. EST Monday through Friday by contacting an ABB HR Representative at 1-888-694-7762.
Protected veterans and qualified individuals with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access ABB's career site as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling an ABB HR Representative at 1-888-694-7762 or by sending an email to US-AskHR@abb.com. Resumes and applications will not be accepted in this manner.
Add the jobs you want to consider to your shortlist and review later.
Please note that your shortlist is saved locally and will be available only on the same device.
Send the shortlisted jobs to your e-mail.
Your shortlist was successfully sent.
Something went wrong.
Please enter a valid e-mail address.