Jonesboro, Arkansas, USA
- Job type
ABB (ABBN: SIX Swiss Ex) is a pioneering technology leader in power grids, electrification products, industrial automation and robotics and motion, serving customers in utilities, industry and transport & infrastructure globally. Continuing a history of innovation spanning more than 130 years, ABB today is writing the future of industrial digitalization with two clear value propositions: bringing electricity from any power plant to any plug and automating industries from natural resources to finished products. As title partner in ABB Formula E, the fully electric international FIA motorsport class, ABB is pushing the boundaries of e-mobility to contribute to a sustainable future. ABB operates in more than 100 countries with about 147,000 employees. www.abb.com
ABB / T&B is seeking a Buyer or /Planner for its Jonesboro, Arkansas location. This role is responsible for planning and creating production schedule(s) for specific work centers based on actual demand and/or stock replenishment levels. Reviews raw and WIP material requirements and issues work orders and/or purchase orders to meet production schedules.
Typical duties/responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Review and distribute production, purchase order receipt and shipment schedules.
• Confer with department supervisors to determine progress of work and completion dates.
• Compile reports on inventory levels, costs, and issues with production and purchased parts.
• Maintain system files and provide customers/customer service with status updates relative to production schedules and ship date promises.
• Coordinate material needs directly with Production and outside supplier personnel to ensure proper material flow to meet production schedules.
• Communicate with facility personnel and customers to coordinate processing and shipping requirements and resolution of service issues.
• Review documents, such as production schedules, work order shortages, need to order reports and open purchase order reports and to obtain information, such as materials, priorities, and personnel requirements
• Bachelor’s degree and minimum one (1) year of experience in a materials acquisition role.
• Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Operations Management, or applicable technical field is preferred.
• APICS certification.
• Ability to manage a dynamic workload From heavy multi-tasking during peak workloads - to focused, detail-oriented work during critical projects.
• Strong project management, organizational, interpersonal and communication skills.
• Ability to work independently and with a team.
• Knowledge of work orders, inventory control and flow manufacturing processes.
• Ability to positively motivate individuals and teams to meet or exceed customer expectations.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office applications.
• Knowledge of MRP/ERP systems.
• Progressive approach toward implementing new, efficient and improved systems and procedures.
• Demonstrated ability to bring a high commitment to success, cooperate with others, accept responsibility and account for actions, work effectively with all types of people in a plant environment, possess a positive attitude, be cautiously assertive, energetic, dependable, honest and thorough.
• Demonstrated ability to show work ethic that complements the company’s long-standing culture of high integrity throughout all areas of internal and external business activity.
More about us
Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action at ABB
ABB is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, creed, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, citizen status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, marital status, family medical leave status, or protected veterans status. For more information regarding your (EEO) rights as an applicant, please visit the following websites:
As an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, applicants may request to review the Affirmative Action Plan of a particular ABB facility between the hours of 9:00 A.M. - 5:00 P.M. EST Monday through Friday by contacting an ABB HR Representative at 1-888-694-7762.
Protected veterans and qualified individuals with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access ABB's career site as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling an ABB HR Representative at 1-888-694-7762 or by sending an email to US-AskHR@abb.com. Resumes and applications will not be accepted in this manner.
Add the jobs you want to consider to your shortlist and review later.
Please note that your shortlist is saved locally and will be available only on the same device.
Send the shortlisted jobs to your e-mail.
Your shortlist was successfully sent.
Something went wrong.
Please enter a valid e-mail address.