Local HRBP - Generalist
Athens, Tennessee, USA
- Job type
ABB (ABBN: SIX Swiss Ex) is a pioneering technology leader in power grids, electrification products, industrial automation and robotics and motion, serving customers in utilities, industry and transport & infrastructure globally. Continuing a history of innovation spanning more than 130 years, ABB today is writing the future of industrial digitalization with two clear value propositions: bringing electricity from any power plant to any plug and automating industries from natural resources to finished products. As title partner in ABB Formula E, the fully electric international FIA motorsport class, ABB is pushing the boundaries of e-mobility to contribute to a sustainable future. ABB operates in more than 100 countries with about 147,000 employees. www.abb.com
ABB is seeking Local HRBP - Generalist for it's Athens, TN location. You will provide on-location HR support in the assigned geographic area to employees including managers to ensure effective and sustainable workplace relations and performance in close collaboration with HR network; Apply HR policies defined by Group CoEs, including on Labor Relations as defined in each country with Country HR. Ensures & assures local compliance.
- Typical duties/responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- • Implement people strategy and actions in line with global BU / global function strategy and Group HR policies and guidelines.
- • Oversee implementation of HR processes within area of responsibility requiring on-site support, follow up and advise. Next level support for SSC and COE.
- • Provide feedback/input into the development and/or the implementation of new or improved processes / products / services to consider any local statutory or regulatory relevance.
- • Partner with managers and employees in the relevant location to understand current issues that can be supported or resolved through HR practices, processes, or policies. Counsel managers and employees on the most effective solutions to resolve issues.
- • Support manager and HRBP to implement and follow up performance management activities on the site, including poor performance improvement, PDA discussion, training need identification, termination, etc.
- • Support the implementation of group and global recognition program.
- • Track employee turnover and support achievement of optimal levels of attrition within defined parameters across Business.
- • Assess employee engagement and morale and take actions to address issues.
- • Represent HR in the workplace, build partnerships between employees, HR and Managers.
- • Deliver day to day HR management contact / relationship for employees, including employee welfare, counselling, grievance redressal, disciplinary processes; Facilitate changes. Carry out training and communication on HR strategy, policy, and processes when necessary.
- • Follow policies and instructions set by CoE and Country HR and in close collaboration with CoE and SSC to oversee activities regarding labor relations and organized labor within area of responsibility.
- • Implement HSE and business compliance standards and regulations in the Area of responsibility Personally live the ABB values and Group standards.
- • Implement and ensure compliance with global and local standards, rules, tools, policies and processes related to operations/project execution and share functional best practices and lessons learned across the organization.
- • Ensure that the area of responsibility is properly organized, staffed and directed.
- • Build an effective, capable and high performing team. Develop talent.
- Basic Qualifications:
- • Minimum of Bachelors Degree in Human Resources and a minimum of Five (5) years of experience in Human Resources.
- Preferred Qualifications:
- • Three (3) years experience in Operations.
- • Good analytical skills.
- • Excellent communication skills.
- • Ability to influence.
More about us
Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action at ABB
ABB is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, creed, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, citizen status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, marital status, family medical leave status, or protected veterans status. For more information regarding your (EEO) rights as an applicant, please visit the following websites:
As an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, applicants may request to review the Affirmative Action Plan of a particular ABB facility between the hours of 9:00 A.M. - 5:00 P.M. EST Monday through Friday by contacting an ABB HR Representative at 1-888-694-7762.
Protected veterans and qualified individuals with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access ABB's career site as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling an ABB HR Representative at 1-888-694-7762 or by sending an email to US-AskHR@abb.com. Resumes and applications will not be accepted in this manner.