Product Marketing Specialist
Memphis, Tennessee, USA
- Job type
ABB (ABBN: SIX Swiss Ex) is a pioneering technology leader in power grids, electrification products, industrial automation and robotics and motion, serving customers in utilities, industry and transport & infrastructure globally. Continuing a history of innovation spanning more than 130 years, ABB today is writing the future of industrial digitalization with two clear value propositions: bringing electricity from any power plant to any plug and automating industries from natural resources to finished products. As title partner in ABB Formula E, the fully electric international FIA motorsport class, ABB is pushing the boundaries of e-mobility to contribute to a sustainable future. ABB operates in more than 100 countries with about 147,000 employees. www.abb.com
ABB is seeking a Product Marketing Manager for its Memphis, Tennessee location. Product Marketing Manager will be responsible for the development, refinement and promotion of the market customer value proposition messages for assigned EPSP product lines to deliver orders, revenue and margin results according to the operating plan.
Working with US Marketing and Sales teams to evaluate competitive pressures, global / regional business opportunities for new and existing products and develop short and long-term product business strategies. Working with operations and planning teams to provide input into manufacturing and inventory plans. Assigned product lines include: NEMA Motor, Lighting and Definite Purpose Controls.
Coordinate all product marketing efforts for assigned products as a result of integration activities. The role is also responsible for commercializing the products in the US market to deliver the associated product /solution growth and cost synergies targets. Support new product release process gates with product marketing plan and deliverables as required. Provide research, analytical and promotional support for the Product Marketing and Sales organization in developing competitive information, market and product requirements, and marketing strategies.
Typical duties/responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Ensures achievement of established targets, through oversight and definition of improvement actions as needed. Focuses on achievement of Total Demand Orders (ABB and 3rd Party), Growth Margin %, Net Price Variance, and Inventory Turn On Finished Goods.
• Plans and implements the local go-to–market product marketing strategy including definition and communication of product value propositions and product positioning in accordance with the global product marketing strategy and local division go to market strategy.
• Works with product sales, product management, segment marketing, marketing communications, HUB marketing and sales and Business Unit Managers among others to develop customer solutions. Specifically, responsible for the development of marketing strategies, key value proposition messages and associated content for marketing collateral, presentations, web content, iPad / Tablet sales applications, customer references, sales kits, etc.
• Defines prioritized customer conversion targets and owns follow-up to ensure integration goals are met. Provides input to segment marketing on go-to-market strategies, content, sales enablement, and digital tools. Researches and analyzes market and customer data to identify trends, issues, and other relevant information to determine specific requirements, attitudes, effects of current and potential market conditions and regulations that may affect product marketing strategies. Provides support and recommendations for campaign strategies and related communications.
• Leads and manages commercialization efforts of multiple programs, including VOC and product launches. Coordinates with PM team, providing market and customer needs to maximize product and price positioning. Builds and sustains relationships with launch partners and end-users.
• Supports creation of technical conversion collateral. Defines training curriculum and supports training delivery, develop application guides, product brochures, segment and product videos, whitepapers, etc. Collaborates with market segment and local field marketing teams to gather intelligence and build effective go-to-market strategies and offerings. Attends select trade shows and customer events to help assist and keep the fire burning on HOT leads process.
• Builds and maintains strong relationships with new and existing customers to ensure ongoing customer satisfaction. Provides product, application and technical support to sales team. Ensures the customer satisfaction surveys are executed; analyzes results and assists on corrective actions. Develops and implements product support and product training to ensure high customer satisfaction in cooperation with BU Global Marketing and Sales. Drives continuous improvement on NPS.
• Defines the plan and supports the execution for production introduction in future-state digital tools, such as empower configurator, Vistaar pricing, etc., supports sales operations to implement transactional processes, support sales operations goal of 1 BOM & PO through go-to market feedback & directing digital tool guidelines.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or Marketing and a minimum of 5 years related experience in sales, marketing or product management
• MBA desirable
• Exceptional analytical and communication skills
• Experience in relevant markets
• Working ability to develop an understanding of industry differences between product performance requirements with respect to the product portfolio
• Strong mechanical aptitude with understanding of electrical distribution and control systems
• Six Sigma or equivalent training in process and quality assurance methodology preferred
• Experience with customer relations via service, visits, relationships, etc. preferred
• Experience in developing inventory strategies to meet customer demand preferred
More about us
Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action at ABB
ABB is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, creed, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, citizen status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, marital status, family medical leave status, or protected veterans status. For more information regarding your (EEO) rights as an applicant, please visit the following websites:
As an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, applicants may request to review the Affirmative Action Plan of a particular ABB facility between the hours of 9:00 A.M. - 5:00 P.M. EST Monday through Friday by contacting an ABB HR Representative at 1-888-694-7762.
Protected veterans and qualified individuals with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access ABB's career site as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling an ABB HR Representative at 1-888-694-7762 or by sending an email to US-AskHR@abb.com. Resumes and applications will not be accepted in this manner.