Richmond, Virginia, USA
- Job type
ABB (ABBN: SIX Swiss Ex) is a pioneering technology leader in power grids, electrification products, industrial automation and robotics and motion, serving customers in utilities, industry and transport & infrastructure globally. Continuing a history of innovation spanning more than 130 years, ABB today is writing the future of industrial digitalization with two clear value propositions: bringing electricity from any power plant to any plug and automating industries from natural resources to finished products. As title partner in ABB Formula E, the fully electric international FIA motorsport class, ABB is pushing the boundaries of e-mobility to contribute to a sustainable future. ABB operates in more than 100 countries with about 147,000 employees. www.abb.com
ABB is seeking a Test Technician for its Richmond, Virginia location. This role is responsible for supporting production department, with testing, and troubleshooting for all Enterprise Lines. Must be able to perform more complex enterprise equipment.
Typical duties/responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Testing of various types of Static Switches, UPS’s, RPP’s and PDU’s.
• Able to work with limited amount of supervision.
• Able to troubleshoot high and low power.
• Very familiar with testing and troubleshooting Electronics.
• Experience with High Power 600V-208V 3-phase applications.
• PCBA programming.
• Participate in cross functional teams
• Work closely with Quality/Process and the Engineering Dept.
• Maintain 6S and a safe work area.
• Report any problems with schematics, drawings etc.
• Ability to work weekends and overtime.
• Work closely with production on manufacturing issues.
• Associate’s degree (Electrical Engineering) and work experience equivalent.
• Thorough understanding of electrical/electronic technology.
• Ability to read and understand engineering documentation (blueprints, schematics, drawings, component specifications and ECN’s)
• Ability to troubleshoot to the board level
• Ability to set-up and use electronic test equipment
• Ability to construct and maintain test equipment
• Strong verbal and written English language skills, (Witness Testing)
• Strong computer skills (use of Excel, Word, HyperTerminal and other Programs)
• Proficient in using power meters and oscilloscopes
• Ability to understand transformer voltage, current, power calculations
• 3 - 5 years of experience in testing and troubleshooting electronics and 3-phase high power
• 2+ years of experience in a Test Lab and/or a manufacturing environment
• Proven team player
• Effective interpersonal skills
• Good attention to detail
• Highly organized
• High degree of problem solving and troubleshooting
• Requires ability to lift up to 20-30 lbs.(Occasionally)
More about us
Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action at ABB
ABB is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, creed, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, citizen status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, marital status, family medical leave status, or protected veterans status. For more information regarding your (EEO) rights as an applicant, please visit the following websites:
As an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, applicants may request to review the Affirmative Action Plan of a particular ABB facility between the hours of 9:00 A.M. - 5:00 P.M. EST Monday through Friday by contacting an ABB HR Representative at 1-888-694-7762.
Protected veterans and qualified individuals with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access ABB's career site as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling an ABB HR Representative at 1-888-694-7762 or by sending an email to US-AskHR@abb.com. Resumes and applications will not be accepted in this manner.
Add the jobs you want to consider to your shortlist and review later.
Please note that your shortlist is saved locally and will be available only on the same device.
Send the shortlisted jobs to your e-mail.
Your shortlist was successfully sent.
Something went wrong.
Please enter a valid e-mail address.