EVI Project Manager
Phoenix, Arizona, USA
- Job type
ABB (ABBN: SIX Swiss Ex) is a pioneering technology leader in power grids, electrification products, industrial automation and robotics and motion, serving customers in utilities, industry and transport & infrastructure globally. Continuing a history of innovation spanning more than 130 years, ABB today is writing the future of industrial digitalization with two clear value propositions: bringing electricity from any power plant to any plug and automating industries from natural resources to finished products. As title partner in ABB Formula E, the fully electric international FIA motorsport class, ABB is pushing the boundaries of e-mobility to contribute to a sustainable future. ABB operates in more than 100 countries with about 147,000 employees. www.abb.com
ABB is a leader in the High Speed DC Fast Charging market for electric vehicles, and we are looking to build our team with experienced professionals that can help us deliver best in class solutions. This fast paced high growth market requires a person with deep level of skill and professionalism.
ABB is seeking a Electric Vehicle Charging Infrastructure Project Manager for its Phoenix, Arizona location. EVI Project Manager will be responsible for planning, organizing, directing and controlling Electric Vehicle Charging Infrastructure Project coordination, scheduling delivery and support. This includes customer and factory interface and vendor logistics as well as transition to post commissioning service.
Typical duties/responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Build a solid process to deliver roughly multiple sites per week / with daily charger commissioning each week across the USA.
• Act as key contact for the customer and an escalation point for project issues. Build and maintain strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders and effectively communicates with all stakeholders.
• Coordinate with Supply Chain Management, and successfully procure required services, materials and equipment for the project from external and internal suppliers. Support Supply Chain Management in supplier negotiations, claims and project changes.
• Ensures that the project is formally closed out, as contractually agreed. Drive formal acceptance of the project, contract close-out and its acknowledgement by the customer and handover to service department.
• Ensure equipment arrives on time anywhere in US.
• Make sure commissioning engineers are dispatched at the proper time to proper site anywhere in US.
• Ensure that all documents per site are complete: customer acceptance form, site acceptance test forms, etc.
• Make sure all agreements with customer are monitored, changes are documented, changes mutually agreed with customer.
• Hand-off to other US ABB service teams after installation.
• Interface with multiple regional installation, logistics and service companies, customer interfaces, etc.
• Amicably resolve issues which will occur due to immaturity of market, project, product or customer processes.
• Resolve and support issues with software, vehicle testing, network uptime, cellular outages, etc.
• Manage customer expectations on software deliverables, interoperability testing, software updates and testing.
• Deal with media events and public demo’s: make sure all preparations are made, engineers on standby, ABB marcom involved, etc.
• Own the process of deployments from Sales to Service.
• Hand off projects to service with appropriate warranty / Service Level Agreement (SLA)information.
• Manage general quality projects that aren’t necessarily customer specific.
• Manage a process to implement new product upgrades post commissioning and post warranty.
• Manage key component sub supplier quality at a regional level.
• Develop operations KPIs via Salesforce.com and support the Operations/Service manager.
• Use of ABB “gate” process, for the rollout of new products.
• Coordinate with ABB Global and local product management, marketing and sales.
• Ensure the US team has proper documentation, prototype project, etc.
• Inventory level management.
• Providing performance feedback regarding allocated resources working on projects. Defining, jointly with the Business Unit, Customer and Sales department, all project plan documents, including scope and financial plans, schedule and risk management plans.
• Ensuring that the project follows execution best practices and ABB policies and processes and effectively monitoring and controlling the projects progress, including efficient resource utilization throughout all project phases.
• Identify, quantify and manage project risks, and ensure that opportunities are identified and pursued, captured, analyzed and share lessons learned throughout the project.
• Ensures that the project consistently applies contract and claims management, in accordance with ABB policies and contractual agreements.
• Ensure the project follows and complies with ABB health & safety, environmental and security policies.
• Bachelor’s of Arts or Bachelor’s of Science Degree in Engineering and a minimum of 2 years in managing projects in a electrical product related industry
• Experience with Power Distribution/ Utility Electrical products
• Experience Power Electronics
• Proficient with MS Office (Excel, Word),Demonstrated Negotiation skills; knowledge of SAP
• Strong English communication skills and presentation skills
• Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously
More about us
Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action at ABB
ABB is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, creed, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, citizen status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, marital status, family medical leave status, or protected veterans status. For more information regarding your (EEO) rights as an applicant, please visit the following websites:
As an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, applicants may request to review the Affirmative Action Plan of a particular ABB facility between the hours of 9:00 A.M. - 5:00 P.M. EST Monday through Friday by contacting an ABB HR Representative at 1-888-694-7762.
Protected veterans and qualified individuals with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access ABB's career site as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling an ABB HR Representative at 1-888-694-7762 or by sending an email to US-AskHR@abb.com. Resumes and applications will not be accepted in this manner.