Hackettstown, New Jersey, USA
- Job type
- Retirement plan
- Medical insurance
- Life insurance
- Wellbeing program
- Disability insurance
Join ABB and work in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy.
ABB is seeking a HR Specialist for its Hackettstown, New Jersey location. This role is responsible in managing the employee relations activities such as the legal and regulatory factors affecting employee relations; employment policies, practices and procedures; individual employment rights; performance appraisals; and employee attitudes, opinions and job satisfaction; formal employee communication programs; community relations, employee recreation and involvement.
- Typical duties/responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- • Prepares and processes payroll.
- • Administers various human resources plans and procedures for all company personnel; assists in development and implementation of personnel policies and procedures; prepares and maintains employee handbook and policies manual.
- • Conducts investigations into employee concerns, writes reports, and makes recommendations regarding corrective action.
- • Performs benefits administration to include claims resolution, change reporting, and communicating benefit information to employees.
- • Conducts recruitment effort to all non-exempt personnel, students, and temporary employees; conducts new-employee orientations; writes and places job postings.
- • Handles employee relations counseling, outplacement counseling and exit interviewing.
- • Participates and attends meetings. Maintains organization charts and employee directory.
- • Maintains Human Resources Information System records and compiles reports from database.
- • Maintains compliance with federal and state regulations concerning employment.
- • Must maintain confidentiality, and interact, communicate, and work effectively with all plant employees and visitors.
- • Must be responsible and self-motivated to complete assigned duties accurately and timely with minimal supervision.
- Basic Qualifications:
- • Bachelors of Administration or Bachelors of Science and a minimum of 5 years of HR Generalist experience.
- • Candidates must already have a work authorization that allows them to work for ABB in the United States.
- Preferred Qualifications:
- • PHR / SHRM-CP Certified.
More about us
Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action at ABB
ABB is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, creed, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, citizen status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, marital status, family medical leave status, or protected veterans status. For more information regarding your (EEO) rights as an applicant, please visit the following websites:
As an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, applicants may request to review the Affirmative Action Plan of a particular ABB facility between the hours of 9:00 A.M. - 5:00 P.M. EST Monday through Friday by contacting an ABB HR Representative at 1-888-694-7762.
Protected veterans and qualified individuals with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access ABB's career site as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling an ABB HR Representative at 1-888-694-7762 or by sending an email to US-AskHR@abb.com. Resumes and applications will not be accepted in this manner.