Payroll Team Lead
Cary, North Carolina, USA
- Job type
ABB (ABBN: SIX Swiss Ex) is a pioneering technology leader in power grids, electrification products, industrial automation and robotics and motion, serving customers in utilities, industry and transport & infrastructure globally. Continuing a history of innovation spanning more than 130 years, ABB today is writing the future of industrial digitalization with two clear value propositions: bringing electricity from any power plant to any plug and automating industries from natural resources to finished products. As title partner in ABB Formula E, the fully electric international FIA motorsport class, ABB is pushing the boundaries of e-mobility to contribute to a sustainable future. ABB operates in more than 100 countries with about 147,000 employees. www.abb.com
Are you ready to work with a purpose? At ABB, you can be sure you’re helping to create a better world. The business you’ll secure and the partnerships you’ll build will touch the lives of millions when they lead to sustainable power plants in remote corners of the world or improved safety for workers in auto plants. ABB is seeking a Payroll Team Lead for its Cary, North Carolina location. You will oversee the US payroll operations and tax processing activities to ensure accuracy and quality control. The Payroll Team Lead will facilitate communication, take a proactive lead to identifying issues and resolution, complete root cause analysis, and provide guidance and training to the team. The Payroll Team Lead is responsible for ensuring that all payroll and tax processes are executed appropriately and in a timely manner. As a Subject Matter Expert, the Payroll Team Lead will strive to continuously deliver accuracy, improve processes and provide a great customer experience.
Typical duties/responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, the following:
Monitors payroll activity.
• Oversees the complex multi-state, multi-frequency payroll administration and offers support as needed to the team.
• Collaborates with team along with various work streams to resolve employee inquiries/cases within the SLA timeframe. Documents the source, seeks proper approvals, determines any necessary transactions & documents them according to ABB policies that will effectively substantiate action(s) taken.
• Responsible for acting as the escalated point of contact and provides operational subject matter expertise on payroll processes.
• Provides problem-solving skills and communicates proactively with internal and external business partners.
• Collaborates with internal teams to identify process needs, resolves issues promptly or escalates complex issues to management.
• Performs in-depth investigations and analysis to determine the root cause of each problem to identify gaps and solutions.
• Executes the testing of new tools, processes or systems.
• Trains team members on new or enhanced operation procedures and policies.
• Utilizes work plans to develop process documents, job aids and communications procedures.
• Supports ad hoc analytical requests such as gross-up calculations, withholding calculations, overtime calculations, etc.
• Prepares and maintains standard and ad hoc reports, queries, and conducts appropriate audits to ensure data integrity and overall process improvements.
• Interprets guidelines for processing/calculating tax withholdings, deductions, adjustments and/or garnishments as well as other imputed income items.
• Researches and remains current with payroll tax compliance laws and regulations covering the US ABB regions & provides payroll tax guidance & awareness of applicable changes & provides appropriate recommendations.
• Assists with Year-End processing and closing.
• Assists with system testing collectively with team. Ensures testing for system changes and BSI Tax updates is performed accurately and timely.
• Collectively collaborates with team to proactively monitor internal controls to ensure accuracy, compliance and timely tax filing & reporting to government authorities.
SARBANES-OXLEY AND INTERNAL CONTROL:
• Provides recommendations for compliance with Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) requirements. Confirms that all controls are functioning as designed and proactively identifies areas for improvement in internal controls. Includes testing of segregation of duties (SOD), testing of payroll service’s controls and identifies “gaps”, as well as participating in annual SOX testing and validation exercises.
• Assists with quarterly and annual audit engagements with ABB’s Internal & External Auditors. Ensures informational requests are documented, information is provided and that any issues are clearly identified and resolved.
• Bachelor’s degree and minimum of 3 years of experience with SAP Payroll and Time
• Associates with minimum of 5 years with SAP Payroll and Time.
• Bachelor’s degree in business, accounting or related field with 6 years of experience with SAP Payroll and Time or Associates with minimum of 7 years with SAP Payroll and Time.
• Payroll operations, payroll tax reporting and compliance work experience.
• Proficiency with SAP Payroll and Time Modules.
• Exercise critical thinking and analytical skills to investigate and resolve issues.
• Highly effective listening, verbal and written communication skills.
• Knowledge of interdependencies and interconnections between various HR processes.
• Advanced experience with EXCEL and Microsoft Office.
• Ability to build strong relationships.
• Solution-oriented approach to problem resolution.
• Ability to anticipate needs and is self-directed.
• Ability to work well in a changing environment.
More about us
Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action at ABB
ABB is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, creed, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, citizen status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, marital status, family medical leave status, or protected veterans status. For more information regarding your (EEO) rights as an applicant, please visit the following websites:
As an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, applicants may request to review the Affirmative Action Plan of a particular ABB facility between the hours of 9:00 A.M. - 5:00 P.M. EST Monday through Friday by contacting an ABB HR Representative at 1-888-694-7762.
Protected veterans and qualified individuals with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access ABB's career site as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling an ABB HR Representative at 1-888-694-7762 or by sending an email to US-AskHR@abb.com. Resumes and applications will not be accepted in this manner.
Add the jobs you want to consider to your shortlist and review later.
Please note that your shortlist is saved locally and will be available only on the same device.
Send the shortlisted jobs to your e-mail.
Your shortlist was successfully sent.
Something went wrong.
Please enter a valid e-mail address.