Hackettstown, New Jersey, USA
- Job type
ABB (ABBN: SIX Swiss Ex) is a pioneering technology leader in electrification products, robotics and motion, industrial automation and power grids, serving customers in utilities, industry and transport & infrastructure globally. Continuing a history of innovation spanning more than 130 years, ABB today is writing the future of industrial digitalization with two clear value propositions: bringing electricity from any power plant to any plug and automating industries from natural resources to finished products. As title partner of Formula E, the fully electric international FIA motorsport class, ABB is pushing the boundaries of e-mobility to contribute to a sustainable future. ABB operates in more than 100 countries with about 135,000 employees. www.abb.com
ABB is seeking a Manufacturing Engineer at Hackettstown, New Jersey location.This role is responsible for continuous improvement of manufacturing processes by improving work design; flow of materials, and through training and coaching of employees in use of continuous improvement tools, leading to improved safety, productivity, quality, and lead time.
Typical duties/responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Conceives, evaluates and implements problem solving activities, cost reduction initiatives, lead time reduction projects, and part/process improvement activities.
• Trains and coaches other employees in continuous improvement tools and concepts.
• Leads projects including defining scope, cost justification, developing project plans, managing implementation, and monitoring results.
• Improves processes of critical and complex electrical components.
• Cell and Standardized Work Development.
• Conducts time studies.
• Develops cell layouts and work design and documents in standardized work.
• Coaches operators and department leaders in use of standards and cells.
• Waste Elimination.
• Observes processes and collects and analyzes data to identify waste.
• Eliminates waste through root cause problem solving and rapid experimentation.
• Works with other resources as needed (engineering, quality, maintenance, etc) to eliminate observed waste.
• Works to identify and eliminate ergonomic and safety issues.
• Supports development and improvement of fixtures and tooling.
• Trains operators and other employees in problem solving methodology, 5S, and other improvement tools.
• Facilitates and leads problem solving and kaizen teams.
• Coaches value stream team members on the use of TBMS.
• Keep in contact with other locations to ensure sharing of best practices.
• Complies with all EHS rules required for the work environment.
• Bachelor Degree in Engineering and a minimum of 3 years of engineering experience supporting a Manufacturing / Production environment.
• Candidates must already have a work authorization that allows them to work for ABB in the United States.
• Preferred 5 years of proven experience in leading Kaizen Teams and facilitating problem.
• Manufacturing Engineering techniques and technology.
• Financial background.
• Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
• Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
• Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
• Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
• Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
• Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Software and working knowledge of Visual Basic.
• Excellent interpersonal skills – both verbal and written.
More about us
Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action at ABB
ABB is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, creed, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, citizen status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, marital status, family medical leave status, or protected veterans status. For more information regarding your (EEO) rights as an applicant, please visit the following websites:
As an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, applicants may request to review the Affirmative Action Plan of a particular ABB facility between the hours of 9:00 A.M. - 5:00 P.M. EST Monday through Friday by contacting an ABB HR Representative at 1-888-694-7762.
Protected veterans and qualified individuals with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access ABB's career site as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling an ABB HR Representative at 1-888-694-7762 or by sending an email to US-AskHR@abb.com. Resumes and applications will not be accepted in this manner.