Sr. Program Manager
Bartlesville, Oklahoma, USA
- Job type
- Retirement plan
- Medical insurance
- Life insurance
- Wellbeing program
- Disability insurance
Join ABB and work in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy.
ABB is seeking a Sr. Program Manager, Responsible for project execution, contract compliance, customer satisfaction and financial return for one or more complex and/or large projects. Coordinate activities and provide technical advice to project participants. Develop, recommend and implement initiatives to ensure customer satisfaction and improve performance.
Typical duties/responsibilities for project management may include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Plan and coordinate major projects and the analysis of new proposals, requirements and specifications. Coordinate activities of support groups, arrange staffing for each phase of project and assign specific responsibilities. Determine most effective means of accomplishing objectives, develop schedules, conduct and coordinate related activities. Ensure that overall efforts are in concert with customer and Company requirements.
• Approve purchase orders for contract materials and services, and approve quality assurance and control requirements. Ensure timely delivery of quality information and materials, product quality and field service product performance, and responsive to customers. Review status reports and modify plans or schedules, as necessary.
• Maintain close contact with customers and project participants to identify and resolve issues of mutual concern and to seek opportunities for additional business. Ensure timely contract completion, customer satisfaction and desired financial return.
• Manage project risks to avoid incurring penalties, warranty repairs or other charges that may have substantial financial impact. In conjunction with related groups, develop business projections and implement strategies to achieve growth/profitability objectives and ensure responsiveness to customers.
• Provide technical direction and review decisions of staff performing lower level work.
Basic qualifications :
Bachelor's Degree and 5 years of experience, or alternatively, a special combination of education and experience and/or demonstrated accomplishments.
Preferred qualifications :
• Oil and Gas industry experience a plus.
• PMP/ PMI-ACP/ CSM certification desired.
• Familiar with ISO development processes/procedures desired.
• Familiar with working with a gate model development environment a plus.
• Experience in establishing and/or optimizing product development.
• Experience taking embedded products from concept through to production.
• Experience coordinating with teams using the agile development methodology.
• Familiar with the development activities/processes required by the following disciplines: hardware, software, mechanical, layout, component engineering, production test, and certification.
• Experience developing detailed project plans consisting of the following: detailed schedules, budget, risk/risk mitigation, staffing allocation and planning,
• Experience planning and coordinating projects with cross functional teams (quality, supply chain, production, production test, off-shore board houses, …)
• Experience managing external & offshore contractors desired.
• Experience working with multiple releases & projects for multiple products and in coordination & collaboration with Other Program Managers
More about us
Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action at ABB
ABB is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, creed, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, citizen status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, marital status, family medical leave status, or protected veterans status. For more information regarding your (EEO) rights as an applicant, please visit the following websites:
As an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, applicants may request to review the Affirmative Action Plan of a particular ABB facility between the hours of 9:00 A.M. - 5:00 P.M. EST Monday through Friday by contacting an ABB HR Representative at 1-888-694-7762.
Protected veterans and qualified individuals with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access ABB's career site as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling an ABB HR Representative at 1-888-694-7762 or by sending an email to US-AskHR@abb.com. Resumes and applications will not be accepted in this manner.
Add the jobs you want to consider to your shortlist and review later.
Please note that your shortlist is saved locally and will be available only on the same device.
Send the shortlisted jobs to your e-mail.
Your shortlist was successfully sent.
Something went wrong.
Please enter a valid e-mail address.