Field Service Level III Installer
Schenectady, New York, USA
- Job type
ABB (ABBN: SIX Swiss Ex) is a pioneering technology leader in power grids, electrification products, industrial automation and robotics and motion, serving customers in utilities, industry and transport & infrastructure globally. Continuing a history of innovation spanning more than 130 years, ABB today is writing the future of industrial digitalization with two clear value propositions: bringing electricity from any power plant to any plug and automating industries from natural resources to finished products. As title partner in ABB Formula E, the fully electric international FIA motorsport class, ABB is pushing the boundaries of e-mobility to contribute to a sustainable future. ABB operates in more than 100 countries with about 147,000 employees. www.abb.com
The Field Service Level III (3) Installers will be working on addition or removal of wiring and connections on non-working DC power equipment, weekly tool inventory, writing and submitting the MOP (Method of Procedure), JIM (Job Information Memorandum) preparation and submittal, timesheet for self and crew, safety adherence, and house cleaning on the job site.
• On-time completion and quality of the installation project
• Services division job package administration including weekly tool inventory, writing and submitting the MOP, JIM preparation and submittal, timesheet for self and crew, safety adherence, and house cleaning
• Responsible for the inventory and staging of equipment and materials, weekly status report to supervisor, reading and interpreting specifications and drawings
• Follow all EHS guidelines
• Addition or removal of wiring and connections on non-working DC power equipment and assisting Level IV Installer on working equipment
• Assist Level IV Installer on lead verification (voltage)
• Addition or removal of telecom batteries
• Addition or removal of common systems equipment hardware
• High School Diploma/GED
• Minimum of three (3) years of experience in telecom DC power equipment installation
• Skills sets for a Level II (2) installer (Example: pulling cable, sewing cable, construction of cable racking, bay mounting, etc.)
• Ability and willingness to travel approximately 100%
• Ability and willingness to work different shifts (swing shifts)
• AC Electrical experience is a plus
• Ability to lift at least 40 lbs.
• Using a lifting technique to maneuver, install or remove 80-750 lb. batteries
• Frequently pushing or pulling of cables up to 60 lbs.
• Frequently climbing ladders up to 8 ft.
• Frequently working/standing on ladders for long periods of time
• Continuous standing
• Frequently reaching above, below or at shoulder level
• Frequently bending, twisting or stooping
• Frequently crouching or squatting
• Be exposed to central office environment with moderate noise levels, nominal variations in heat and cold
• Work with computers and result in extensive exposure to PC and CRT screens
More about us
Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action at ABB
ABB is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, creed, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, citizen status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, marital status, family medical leave status, or protected veterans status. For more information regarding your (EEO) rights as an applicant, please visit the following websites:
As an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, applicants may request to review the Affirmative Action Plan of a particular ABB facility between the hours of 9:00 A.M. - 5:00 P.M. EST Monday through Friday by contacting an ABB HR Representative at 1-888-694-7762.
Protected veterans and qualified individuals with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access ABB's career site as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling an ABB HR Representative at 1-888-694-7762 or by sending an email to US-AskHR@abb.com. Resumes and applications will not be accepted in this manner.