Territory Sales Manager
North Brunswick, New Jersey, USA
- Job type
ABB (ABBN: SIX Swiss Ex) is a pioneering technology leader in power grids, electrification products, industrial automation and robotics and motion, serving customers in utilities, industry and transport & infrastructure globally. Continuing a history of innovation spanning more than 130 years, ABB today is writing the future of industrial digitalization with two clear value propositions: bringing electricity from any power plant to any plug and automating industries from natural resources to finished products. As title partner in ABB Formula E, the fully electric international FIA motorsport class, ABB is pushing the boundaries of e-mobility to contribute to a sustainable future. ABB operates in more than 100 countries with about 147,000 employees. www.abb.com
ABB is seeking a Territory Sales Manager, to increase overall market share for ABB Turbocharging, as well as increase the service revenue from our customers in the assigned territory. This is accomplished by leading the team through a direct sales approach. This includes meeting with customers and targeted potential prospects. Additionally, a major part of this position is to grow sales revenues via prospecting for new business and from our existing client base. This position closely collaborates with the Head of End User Sales, Operations Managers, Sales Support Specialists and Technical Managers to help better understand our customer’s current requirements and promote the services offered by ABB Turbocharging.
The position has an estimated 50% travel requirement.
Typical duties/responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Develop, implement and monitor sales strategies, sales plans and sales support activity plans for the assigned territory. This includes sales targets, margin and incentive targets, customer visit plans, training plans for direct reports, Revenue, Customer communication and events planning.
• Communicate and coordinate with Operations, Business Development, Market Communication and Technical Advisor.
• Coaching of the sales team by joint customer visits with End User Sales Account Managers and conducting Pain & Gain workshops to understand the customer expectations of ABB. The incumbent will drive those expectations through available or customized solutions.
• Regular review of the sales targets with direct manager and share market intelligence related to developments, competitor activities and opportunities.
• Lead and motivate End User Sales team to drive sales of services and service products such as maintenance agreements and Digital Solutions as well as end user decisions to specify ABB Turbochargers for their new building projects to capture full market potential.
• Build long term relationships with key customers at all levels, explore new business opportunities & generate new installed base, or market share by influencing through key decision processes
• Follow all company policies and procedures
• Share information gained from customer visits as part of market intelligence with sales support specialist
• Manage Support Sales Support Specialist as required to achieve overall LBU revenue goals.
• Monitor & verify major customer complaints & claims, coordinate with other functions to develop solution. Support definition / implementation of corrective actions
Review, monitor & evaluate the sales performance of individual sales account managers
• Responsible for assigned territory sales budget, gross margin and market share
• Monitor Customer Care Resolution Process
• Bachelors' degree and 8 years' marine, oil and gas service, power plant/generation, diesel engine or rotating machinery sales experience or engineering experience. A combination of education and experience may substitute for the requirements listed.
• Bachelors' degree in engineering, business or related field
• 10+ years' turbocharging or engine sales experience
More about us
Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action at ABB
ABB is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, creed, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, citizen status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, marital status, family medical leave status, or protected veterans status. For more information regarding your (EEO) rights as an applicant, please visit the following websites:
As an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, applicants may request to review the Affirmative Action Plan of a particular ABB facility between the hours of 9:00 A.M. - 5:00 P.M. EST Monday through Friday by contacting an ABB HR Representative at 1-888-694-7762.
Protected veterans and qualified individuals with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access ABB's career site as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling an ABB HR Representative at 1-888-694-7762 or by sending an email to US-AskHR@abb.com. Resumes and applications will not be accepted in this manner.
Add the jobs you want to consider to your shortlist and review later.
Please note that your shortlist is saved locally and will be available only on the same device.
Send the shortlisted jobs to your e-mail.
Your shortlist was successfully sent.
Something went wrong.
Please enter a valid e-mail address.