Business Financial Analyst
Memphis, Tennessee, USA
- Job type
ABB (ABBN: SIX Swiss Ex) is a pioneering technology leader in power grids, electrification products, industrial automation and robotics and motion, serving customers in utilities, industry and transport & infrastructure globally. Continuing a history of innovation spanning more than 130 years, ABB today is writing the future of industrial digitalization with two clear value propositions: bringing electricity from any power plant to any plug and automating industries from natural resources to finished products. As title partner in ABB Formula E, the fully electric international FIA motorsport class, ABB is pushing the boundaries of e-mobility to contribute to a sustainable future. ABB operates in more than 100 countries with about 147,000 employees. www.abb.com
ABB is seeking a Business Financial Analyst for its Memphis, Tennessee location. Business Financial Analyst will be responsible to provide financial and controlling expertise to the organization by compiling and analyzing metrics, identifying trends and problems, communicating information to relevant groups, and recommending actions to improve financial performance of a specific business. The focus will be on Inventory analysis for the two big resale Business Lines of the Local Sales Organization as finance owner of the purchase to pay process. Point of contact for all the feeder factories, partnering with the Local sales Organization buyers, Product marketing and front-end sales controllers to estimate, analyze and explain any inventory impact of business decisions.
Typical duties/responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Finance owner of the intercompany process in place between the local sales organization and the ABB feeder factories, partnering with the purchasing team and with the product marketing to make sure to proactively evaluate the impact of business decisions on inventory.
• Supervises all the transactions, financial journal entries, reconciliations impacting inventory of the Local Sales Organization Business coming from resale of ABB factories products.
• Supervises, analyze and investigate inbound and outbound freight entries and charges not in line with the budget.
• Partners with AP analyst to make sure to properly address discrepancies in the three way matches process and pay the factories on time.
• Coordinates the approval process for any cost change, evaluating the % of inbound freight to include for customs and the inventory impact and making sure the proper documentation is in place
• Coordinate the E&O Review, entries and follow up actions.
• Performs analyses of business performance versus budget and forecast and proposes improvement actions impacting inventory.
• Supports preparation of relevant organization financial reporting, business planning, budgeting and forecasting. Validates accuracy of financial data and business information and reports by performing reconciliations and review of exceptions.
• Provides information to management by assembling and summarizing data, preparing reports, making presentations of findings, analyses, and recommendations.
• Optimizes own performance to increase productivity by developing automated solutions, eliminating duplications, coordinating information requirements.
• Ensures processes and controls within own area of responsibility are designed and implemented in line with Group and unit requirements. Maintains proper audit trail and documentation for future tax/ internal/external audits and reviews.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration or Finance or Accounting related field with a minimum 5 years of related experience
• Mandatory experience with general accounting basics
• Exceptional analytical, communication and leadership skills
• Preferred experience with inventory management
• CPA preferred but not mandatory
• Systems challenges
• EPPC and EPBP may be moving to an EPIS distribution centre next year: this position will still be very important
More about us
Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action at ABB
ABB is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, creed, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, citizen status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, marital status, family medical leave status, or protected veterans status. For more information regarding your (EEO) rights as an applicant, please visit the following websites:
As an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, applicants may request to review the Affirmative Action Plan of a particular ABB facility between the hours of 9:00 A.M. - 5:00 P.M. EST Monday through Friday by contacting an ABB HR Representative at 1-888-694-7762.
Protected veterans and qualified individuals with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access ABB's career site as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling an ABB HR Representative at 1-888-694-7762 or by sending an email to US-AskHR@abb.com. Resumes and applications will not be accepted in this manner.
Add the jobs you want to consider to your shortlist and review later.
Please note that your shortlist is saved locally and will be available only on the same device.
Send the shortlisted jobs to your e-mail.
Your shortlist was successfully sent.
Something went wrong.
Please enter a valid e-mail address.