Memphis, Tennessee, USA
- Job type
ABB (ABBN: SIX Swiss Ex) is a pioneering technology leader in power grids, electrification products, industrial automation and robotics and motion, serving customers in utilities, industry and transport & infrastructure globally. Continuing a history of innovation spanning more than 130 years, ABB today is writing the future of industrial digitalization with two clear value propositions: bringing electricity from any power plant to any plug and automating industries from natural resources to finished products. As title partner in ABB Formula E, the fully electric international FIA motorsport class, ABB is pushing the boundaries of e-mobility to contribute to a sustainable future. ABB operates in more than 100 countries with about 147,000 employees. www.abb.com
ABB is seeking a Commercial Controller for its Memphis, Tennessee location. Commercial Controller will be responsible for management, leadership and direction of the financial organization with immediate responsibility for financial practices, maintenance of fiscal records, preparation of financial reports and appraising operating results in terms of costs, budgets, policies, trends and profit opportunities. Promote and initiate aggressive strategies to achieve cost savings and strengthen responsiveness to customers in cooperation with other senior executives.
Typical duties/responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Contributes to the definition and the implementation of the marketing, sales and distribution strategy, along with business development initiatives, in alignment with Global Division and BU strategies.
• Translates strategy into business plans and assists in the establishment of measurable targets. Coordinates the business planning and forecasting process for the area of responsibility under the direction of the FEC - Division Controller. Evaluates financial implications of various strategic decisions, builds scenarios and recommends actions.
• Supports and monitors progress achievement of established targets, through oversight and definition of required improvement actions. Focus on the achievement of Total Demand Orders (ABB and 3rd Party), Revenues Gross Margin, OCF, SG&A expenses, Net Promoter Score (NPS) and Cross Division New Orders. Supports and monitors sales growth, margins and net price realization (by product, customer and channel), cost to serve customers, Return on Sales investment, customer support and marketing activities, personnel expenses development, scorecard setting and provisions. Supports and monitors country sales plans/forecast and related costs/resources and provides feedback to local business unit managers and sales and marketing management.
• Under the leadership of the FEC, assists to develop processes and tools necessary to obtain transparent and reliable financial data and business information. Ensures high quality and compliance of financial data and business information in line with defined standards & financial closing schedules. Perform analysis, review & proposal for actions to management supporting business performance. Enforcement of country/LP division and BU specific finance directives and instructions, enforcement of Group Accounting and Reporting Guidelines and if applicable filing as per local (legal) requirements.
• Ensures and supports accuracy and efficiency of commercial and distribution/channel management related processes including quotation, sales price management, rebates and discount management, invoicing, credit collection and account receivables (due, overdue). Supports implementation of efficient sales distribution controlling/accounting processes and governance. Identifies and manages potential risks relating to contract agreements across the organization. Support effective implementation of sales, marketing and LP division logistics activities in the country.
• Support the monitoring and implementation of efficient sales transaction taxation, compliance with global and local standards, rules and regulations (including direct and indirect taxation, e.g. VAT, international transfer pricing regulation, custom duties), tools, policies and processes related to operations/project execution and share functional best practices.
• Provides analysis support to assess business risk exposure and provides input to define risk mitigation strategies to reduce impact on business performance. Ensures risk management processes are consistently implemented in own area of responsibility. Identify, account for and manage potential risks in the country relating to frame contract agreements.
• Bachelor’s of Science in Finance or related field with a minimum 10 years of experience in financial analysis and management
• CPA is a plus
More about us
Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action at ABB
ABB is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, creed, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, citizen status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, marital status, family medical leave status, or protected veterans status. For more information regarding your (EEO) rights as an applicant, please visit the following websites:
As an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, applicants may request to review the Affirmative Action Plan of a particular ABB facility between the hours of 9:00 A.M. - 5:00 P.M. EST Monday through Friday by contacting an ABB HR Representative at 1-888-694-7762.
Protected veterans and qualified individuals with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access ABB's career site as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling an ABB HR Representative at 1-888-694-7762 or by sending an email to US-AskHR@abb.com. Resumes and applications will not be accepted in this manner.
Add the jobs you want to consider to your shortlist and review later.
Please note that your shortlist is saved locally and will be available only on the same device.
Send the shortlisted jobs to your e-mail.
Your shortlist was successfully sent.
Something went wrong.
Please enter a valid e-mail address.