Lead Field Engineer, Power Delivery
Charleston, West Virginia, USA
- Job type
- Retirement plan
- Medical insurance
- Life insurance
- Wellbeing program
- Disability insurance
Join ABB and work in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy.
Industrial Solutions empowers smarter business operations by connecting equipment, software, and services to protect, control, and optimize assets within electrical infrastructures. Across multiple energy-intensive industries, the business provides customers with end-to-end product and service solutions that help ensure the reliability and protection of their electrical infrastructure.
The Lead Field Engineer, Power Delivery role will provide direction and assistance to work group in order to meet assigned objectives. In this role you will work within defined parameters to make decisions, apply concepts to issues of moderate complexity, and resolve issues through immediate action or short-term planning.
- Typical duties/responsibilities may include, but are not limited to the following:
- • Be responsible for hands on startup and repair of Power Delivery equipment; you will also work with transformers, switchgear, OCBs, Circuit Breakers, busways, UPS, ATS, Paralleling Switchgear, PMCS and large motors
- • Work directly with customers and ABB sales / service team to identify new service opportunities, develop and issue proposals and execute work scope
- • Develop knowledge of ABB & GE Industrial Solutions, terms & conditions, and those of our customers & sub-contractors to minimize risk and ensure compliance
- • Plan, organize, and perform multifunctional field assignments in designated areas of expertise, directing the work of other field engineers and craft labor as required, in a timely and efficient manner
- • Develop and further expand technical knowledge and expertise, currently recognized industry standards for engineering ability
- • Maintain knowledge of applicable product line warranties, and accomplish effective warranty administration
- • Plan, prepare, and/or instruct both internal and external training programs as required, to impart and perpetuate field engineering and/or product knowledge in area of specialization
- • Perform administrative functions; such as writing technical reports, ordering materials, securing quotations, preparing job status reports, reports to customers, time sheets, and expense sheets on a complete timely, and thorough basis
- • Maintain knowledge of the report system to the extent required for timely and accurate input of field information necessary
- • Provide knowledge of and conduct work activities in compliance with, the ES Safety Manual and Safety policy
- • Exercise good judgment in controlling costs and expenditures of company funds
- • Protect the company's capital investments by properly safeguarding and maintaining that equipment for which responsible
- • Make contributions to the continued development and refinement of IS Engineering Standards and Procedures as they apply to designated specialty and to conduct work efforts in accordance thereof
- • Strive to achieve the highest level of customer satisfaction in all transactions and relationships
- Basic Qualifications:
- • Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering (OR High School Diploma / GED with a minimum of 10 additional years of related engineering / field experience)
- • Minimum of 5 years of field engineering experience
- Preferred Qualifications:
- • Knowledge of the Industrial customer base
- • Technical skills in testing of power distribution and delivery to include Breakers, Switchgear, Relays, ATS, Paralleling Switchgear, PMCS and Transformers
- • Technical skills in testing low & medium voltage DC and AC variable speed drives
- • Experience in the design, fabrication, and refurbishment of bus systems as related to open and metal enclosed switchgear applications
- • Experience in the repair and refurbishment of LV and MV circuit breakers
- • Ability to build strong customer relationships
- • Strong business acumen and ability to sell ABB to the customer
- • Demonstrated ability to work effectively with minimum supervision
- • Demonstrated interpersonal skills
- • Customer service oriented
- • Computer skills including Microsoft Outlook, Excel and Word
- • Non-GE Power Delivery experience
- • Experience in drives, motors, and Programmable Logic Controllers
- • US Military experience
- Eligibility Requirements:
- • Ability and willingness to travel approximately 60% of the time both domestically and internationally, as required
- • Ability and willingness to possess and maintain a valid passport and driver's license
- • Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen
- • Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening.
More about us
Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action at ABB
ABB is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, creed, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, citizen status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, marital status, family medical leave status, or protected veterans status. For more information regarding your (EEO) rights as an applicant, please visit the following websites:
As an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, applicants may request to review the Affirmative Action Plan of a particular ABB facility between the hours of 9:00 A.M. - 5:00 P.M. EST Monday through Friday by contacting an ABB HR Representative at 1-888-694-7762.
Protected veterans and qualified individuals with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access ABB's career site as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling an ABB HR Representative at 1-888-694-7762 or by sending an email to US-AskHR@abb.com. Resumes and applications will not be accepted in this manner.