Warehouse/Material Operator (1st Shift)
Portland, Tennessee, USA
- Job type
ABB (ABBN: SIX Swiss Ex) is a pioneering technology leader in power grids, electrification products, industrial automation and robotics and motion, serving customers in utilities, industry and transport & infrastructure globally. Continuing a history of innovation spanning more than 130 years, ABB today is writing the future of industrial digitalization with two clear value propositions: bringing electricity from any power plant to any plug and automating industries from natural resources to finished products. As title partner in ABB Formula E, the fully electric international FIA motorsport class, ABB is pushing the boundaries of e-mobility to contribute to a sustainable future. ABB operates in more than 100 countries with about 147,000 employees. www.abb.com
(List in order of importance the essential functions of the job):
• Pick raw and work in process materials and stage them in sequence on tugger carts for the tugger drivers
• Deliver raw material to tugger stands and point of use per the defined timed tugger routes and Kanban cards
• Pick up unneeded excess material from workstations and deliver back to the warehouse associate or put back in its designated location
• Pick up finished goods and work in process materials and deliver empty tugger carts to work stations as needed
• Return raw and work in process materials to their designated location when brought back to the warehouse by the tugger drivers and receiving personnel
• Ensure that all materials are in their designated location at all times
• Dispose of waste generated in the warehouse and throughout the plant
• Cycle count materials per the direction of the Inventory Control Specialist personnel
• Check inventory levels of key raw material items at the start of the shift and alert inventory control of any potential foreseen stock out issues
• Assist as needed with the following – corresponding tugger routes, finished goods scanning and loading of trailers, warehouse associates, receiving materials and unlocking the silos
• Accurately scan wip and finished goods materials per the pull sheets, load and unload trucks, as well as keeping the waste picked up in the shipping and receiving areas.
Basic Qualifications (Include education, experience, special skills and licenses or certifications required):
• High School Diploma/GED
• Minimum 1 year related work experience
• Must have adequate interpersonal & communication skills (oral & written)
• Certified in switch tractor operation
More about us
Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action at ABB
ABB is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, creed, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, citizen status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, marital status, family medical leave status, or protected veterans status. For more information regarding your (EEO) rights as an applicant, please visit the following websites:
As an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, applicants may request to review the Affirmative Action Plan of a particular ABB facility between the hours of 9:00 A.M. - 5:00 P.M. EST Monday through Friday by contacting an ABB HR Representative at 1-888-694-7762.
Protected veterans and qualified individuals with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access ABB's career site as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling an ABB HR Representative at 1-888-694-7762 or by sending an email to US-AskHR@abb.com. Resumes and applications will not be accepted in this manner.
Add the jobs you want to consider to your shortlist and review later.
Please note that your shortlist is saved locally and will be available only on the same device.
Send the shortlisted jobs to your e-mail.
Your shortlist was successfully sent.
Something went wrong.
Please enter a valid e-mail address.