Florence, South Carolina, USA
- Job type
Join ABB and work in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy.
ABB is seeking an Assembler 3 for its Florence, SC location. Under general supervision, performs tasks of substantial variety or complexity which require a thorough knowledge of assembly techniques, tools, materials, machines, and equipment. Works from engineering drawings, rough sketches, manuals or verbal instructions.
- Under general supervision, perform basic and complex assembly, wiring, and erection of electromechanical assemblies – power circuit breakers and electromechanical relay assemblies.
- Read and interpret engineering configuration and wiring drawings connection drawings and schematics.
- Utilize multiple processes and procedures as required to meet customer requirements.
- May assign and check work of lower level personnel.
- May check work of other personnel via process review, verification of assembly against print, or witness assembly.
- May work nonstandard schedules with exposure to varying environmental conditions.
- Coordinate work with other groups (QA and Engineering) to ensure meeting commitments.
- Perform duties in a manner compliant with prevailing quality procedures and policies (ISO standards, and general workmanship standards defined by ABB).
- Perform other related duties as assigned by management.
- Minimum of High School degree plus enrolled in an Associate Degree or technical school with one (1) year of related course work completed in Engineering Technology. Alternatively, a special combination of education and experience and/or demonstrated accomplishments.
- Associates Degree in Electronics Technology or Military Technical School preferred.
- Capable of reading and interpreting Engineering configuration and wiring drawings.
- Conduct various tests or experiments which may require minor modifications.
- Ability to inspect, troubleshoot, recommend repair and modifications.
- Provide assistance to more experienced specialists performing complex assignments.
- Candidates must already have a work authorization that would permit them to work for ABB in the US.
More about us
Bring your very own sense of pride and purpose as you help us drive forward the Fourth Industrial Revolution – creating a sustainable future for our planet, and your career. Join ABB and harness the power of our diverse global network, as you collaborate with and learn from our world-class teams. Above all, challenge yourself every day. Let’s write the future, together.
Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action at ABB
ABB is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, creed, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, citizen status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, marital status, family medical leave status, or protected veterans status. For more information regarding your (EEO) rights as an applicant, please visit the following websites:
As an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, applicants may request to review the Affirmative Action Plan of a particular ABB facility between the hours of 9:00 A.M. - 5:00 P.M. EST Monday through Friday by contacting an ABB HR Representative at 1-888-694-7762.
Protected veterans and qualified individuals with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access ABB's career site as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling an ABB HR Representative at 1-888-694-7762 or by sending an email to US-AskHR@abb.com. Resumes and applications will not be accepted in this manner.